Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Angelina Jolie Steams as Anne Hathaway Wins 'Best Actress' (Critic's Choice Awards)

Anne Hathaway couldn't hold back the rambling and tears as she received the dual honor of Best Actress (along with "Doubt" actress Meryl Streep) for her performance in "Rachel Getting Married" at Thursday night's VH1 Critics Choice Awards. But one lady who looked less-than-impressed was fellow nominee Angelina Jolie.

As Hathaway gushed about how thrilling it was to win something with her "idol" Streep, the cameras caught Jolie (twice) with such a severe scowl it caused quite the gasp backstage.

Let's put it this way: if looks could kill, Hathaway would definitely be dead.

"Angelina didn't say much for the rest of the night," an eyewitness told Tarts. "She was all smiles before the announcement, and it was clear she wasn't happy."

For a the world's highest-paid actress, one would think Jolie would have found it an appropriate time to use her skills to hide those feelings of disappointment.

But back to Anne, this certainly isn't the first time film critics have managed to trigger a tear or two.

"I cried it with joy the first time I got a good review from the New York Times. I cried with joy because it took forever and I had to memorize it," she told Tarts. "They said my performance from 'Becoming Jane' was a triumph, and I felt so happy, because I'd never gotten a good review from them, so I cried and cried. Then the bad ones, well you try to learn from them. Sometimes you're even ballsy enough to disagree with them."

Hathaway received her highest acting praise to-date with her role as a tortured rehabber in "Rachel Getting Married," but she insisted that she never lets the turmoil of her personal life and her break-up with jailed beau Raffaello Follieri to influence the characters she plays.

"I think it's dangerous to use what's going on in your personal life, it's destructive and misleading because most of the time they have nothing to do with each other," she said. "As an actress I love being able to leave my life behind."

But despite the scandalous split, the 26-year-old couldn't be better.

"I'm a pretty happy person even in critical moments," she added. "How could I not be? I'm truly blessed and loved in my life."

by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Replies (11-18):
starestrada
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Quoting tryan21:

Awww man the video is no longer available! I really wanted to see it!

I second that I really wanted to see what all the fuss is about    :(

squeeker1974
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM

poor Angeline Hoelie!  (spelled this way on purpose)

I'm so glad Anne won!  I really like her acting.

2cuddlebabies
by on Jan. 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I have seen the video and i do not think she looks as mad as people say. but that is my opinion.

Quoting starestrada:

Quoting tryan21:

Awww man the video is no longer available! I really wanted to see it!

I second that I really wanted to see what all the fuss is about    :(

adians_mama
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Id have to see the actual video because a picture like this could have jsut caught Jolie at mid-smile or something else totally unrelated. Im a fan of Angelina but I think Anne definatly deserves the award more...shes an awsome actress.

Quoting angi_mona:

I really wanted to see the You-tube version, ut it was taken off..so I went to this website..

http://news.sawf.org/Gossip/55912.aspx

expecting girlin lovetoddler boy

emily351982
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I like them both but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that look too, lol.  She was really obvious about it. 

JuicymomX2
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I never liked the homewrecker either, i am SOO team Jen. I made my husband goto the theaters byhimself to see Mr And Mrs Smith and i threw out all of her cd' he had PLUS she is banned from our Tv. She really needs to understand that she is not the center of anything but her own self. I pitty her kids. I can see it now, The first one is gonna me a Meth addict, Zahara is going try to be "the normal one" but end up a pot head, The twins are gonna try modeling but "mommy " will try to outshine them everytime, and the blond is gonna try to getinto acting using daddy's name only to find out mommy adopted too many damn kids to ruin the name. That family is soo screwed up. She gave birth to those kids to piss of Jen but little does she know, its all a joke.   Go away Anjelina HOlie....PLEASE

2cuddlebabies
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I seen the video and did not think it was bad. People always fake smile when they lose. I am a angelina jolie fan!

Quoting adians_mama:

Id have to see the actual video because a picture like this could have jsut caught Jolie at mid-smile or something else totally unrelated. Im a fan of Angelina but I think Anne definatly deserves the award more...shes an awsome actress.

Quoting angi_mona:

I really wanted to see the You-tube version, ut it was taken off..so I went to this website..

http://news.sawf.org/Gossip/55912.aspx

jblueeyes228
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Not So, Not So. What are you, The  Enquirer? I also love Anne and I DO NOT see Angie as a home wrecker. This is all just SO silly, Angelina was smiling just as she ALWAYS smiles during Anne's speech,especially when she thanked her Dad for him showing her that there ARE good Men out there. Angelina has a beautiful elegant smile and she definitely showed it that night. I think some women are just so catty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN