Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What chores should I give my children??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:14 AM
  • 2 Replies

I need chore ideas. I have a 5 and 7 year old. I need to know what chores would be appropriate. Thanks

Angelmomov3boyz  created this wonderful pic for me!

Living life through the eyes of a child!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NSeni
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:52 AM

i would say both of them can clean up their bedrooms. the 7 year old can definately make his bed, and help his 5 year old sibling make theirs too.

the older one could probably help you put dishes away, or take out a few pieces of trash like a couple boxes or something like that. the 5 year old could probably do that as well. i give my 2 year old boxes to take out, like cereal boxes, and he just thinks that is the coolest thing. lol.

that's about all i can think of for now. i make my son clean up his toys and he will take his dirties to his room (and sissy's too!) and put them in the laundry basket for me. and he puts his shoes in the closet when we come home from somewhere. and he throws trash in the can for me. lol.. he volunteers to do those things though but i think its cute.

mama_girl07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Clean their room, help take out the trash, pick up toys in the living room, when I was 7 I had to unload the dishes but just put the cups and bowls and things on the counter under the cabinet they went in, gather their laundry and bring it to the laundry room, feed the animals(if you have any)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)