Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I write Dr. Phil? Long PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM
  • 0 Replies

(Changed names) So... here goes Am trying to decide if I should write Dr. Phil about my niece and nephew. Both have been in and out of mental institues, involved with police and are violent. They are also both under 13 (Ken is 10, Nicky is 12). They both are on large amounts of psychiatric medications, and both have attacked their mother as well as each other and their older sister Christina. Just this morning my nephew lost it, he was sleeping in his moms bed and woke her up because he had kicked her in their sleep, she told him to get over to the other side of the bed, he lost it, started kicking her in earnest, then went and got a hammer and started trying to hurt his mother and siblings, they locked themselves in a room and he tried to beat a hole in the door with the hammer.

The police had to wrestle him to the ground to get him in the ambulance (he took 13 of his anti-psychotics and was on the phone to my mom telling her he loved her but wanted to die). They are in counseling but obviously it isnt working, niether are the medications, and I think if I could get them on the show, Dr. Phil at least has resources my sister might otherwise never access. Also he could help her, she is the main issue, always has been, she yells is mean, curses, etc. she is a wretched parent (single mom of 3), when they didnt want to get ready to leave grandmas she would always say I dont care stay here I'm leaving without you, and when her middle child was difficult threatened to put her in foster care, etc. She used a LOT of spankings on them before they got to big as well, excessive spanking, and my nephew was beaten with a belt by his father (before he went to jail for other issues) leaving marks on his back at 4 and so on. All kids have different dads, none are in the picture, my sister is single. So my question is should I write the show???

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)