Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice about my daughters preschool...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is 3, and she started preschool at a church near our house in September.  I thought the school looked great, we met her teacher, and she is really nice.  The best part about it was that my daughter didn't have to be potty trained to attend.  There have been a couple of incidents that I don't think is appropriate.  On her second week of school, we picked my daughter up, and she had a bloody nose, she said she fell on the playground slide, and I could tell she had been crying, her eyes were red and watery and stuff.  The second incident was 2 weeks ago, we picked her up, and she had scratches on her face and said a little boy scratched her.  These two things are understandable. I know kids will be kids, and I don't expect her not to ever get hurt or anything like that when she is with a bunch of kids her own age.  What I felt was kind of dumb, is that the teacher said nothing to us at all about these things.  Not a note or anything.  The worst thing is that my boyfriend, (my daughters father) picked up my daughter last Tuesday, and my daughters pants were soaked down to her knees in pee!  Her teacher didn't say anything to us, the lady who put my daughter in the car didn't say anything.  I don't expect them to change her pull up every time she pees, but if it leaks and she is soaked in pee, they should do something!  I called her school today, and spoke with the director of the school.  I told her that my daughters father didn't want her to attend this school anymore and explained everything that went on.  She said she would talk with her teacher and would call me back.  She called back and said she spoke with her teacher, and the teacher said that she didn't ever notice any bloody nose, or scratches on her any, and she was sorry about that.  Thats fine, but I think they should pay attention to the children a little more.  But her excuse was about the soaked pants issue was that my daughter spilled her water on her lap at snack time, and it was time to leave so she didn't do anything about it, and forgot to mention it to us when she got in the car.  OK, my daughter did not spill water on her, it was pee, her pull up was dripping with pee when we got home to change her.  You could smell the pee on her from a foot away.  I don't think thats right.  IF the teacher didn't want to change her, or whatever, she could have and should have called us to come get her from school.  I admit, she didn't have a change of clotheswith her in her bag, but she had pull ups and wipes.  Change her and call us!  What do you other moms think of this?  Should we take her out of school?  Has things like this happened at your childrens preschool??  I feel bad, because my daughter LOVES going to school, but I don't want her going somewhere that stuff like this happens.  What to you think??

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM

My son got scratched at his school and they didn't say anything (not sure if they even knew) but when he fell on the playground I had to sign an accident report.

The pee thing is ridiculious!!! I think that is disgusting and would piss me off, so I can understand her father not wanting her to go there anymore. I thought preschools were supposed to help them learn to use the toilet, which would include checking to see if they need to go or have gone.

by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Give them the "3 times you're out". You like the school, your child likes the school. Unfortunately not all workers are attentive all the time. If the director DID speak with them, maybe they'll be more on the ball with things. The playground incident is common, yup, kids get knocked around while playing. But the pee thing? NOPE...not acceptable, and just make sure you always pack enough extra clothes, so they have no excuse. That is just laziness on their part. Give them ONLY one more maybe start checking places out now, so you don't miss a beat.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Nope, find another school. Three strikes and they are out. There are too many good schools out there to mess with one that doesn't seem to care about the kids enough to pay attention.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Moms of Preschoolers

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Maybe just change schools?  That's really unacceptable!  the bloody nose should have been noticed.  the scratches on the face are maybe overlook-able.  LYING ABOUT THE PEE!!!! not cool!!!  Good luck to you!

in lovetoddler girlbaby girl

by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I agree you should not find your child with a pull up soaked with urine! That is disgusting and very uncomfortable for the child. The playground thing can easily be explained from rough housing on the playground. I agree with the 3 strikes and your out although their is more than enough schools to take your little one too, it depends on how you still feel about the school. Pack clothes with and see if the situation changes or not, if their is still incidents with the extra steps taken, then pull her out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)