Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must be nice!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

So here I am once again stuck home with my 2 SDs and my 6 month old. I am from Philadelphia and last year when the Phillies won the world series I couldn't celebrate any of it cause I was pregnant so my DH went out most of the games and left me with my SDs. This year I'm not pregnant but I still get left here because of the kids. My DH is not a die hard Phillies fan! But why does he always get to celebrate and I get stuck here!! Im so tired if it. It's not fair at all.....Then he's sending me pics from his cell phone of everyone celebrating because the Phillies won tonight. Why is that because I'm a mom I am the one who has to watch the kids and he gets to go out??  Then my SDs don't listen to me, so it's not even like I get a peaceful night! My DH and his friends have this notion that since they are the men they get to go out and the mom has to watch the kids no questions asked. I am tired of it!

Lilypie
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momisme99
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Why not get a sitter so that you can go out too?  Then at least you both get to go out and celebrate! 

kltaylor07
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM

dunno what to tell ya, i sorta laid down the law so to speak 2 years ago regarding this stuff  ha.  he use to think the same way as your husband... that i was just the live in babysitter.  i got tired of it so whenever he'd make plans and "let me know" what he was doing i'd ask him "oh, that sounds like fun!  who'd you get to watch taylor??"  after pulling that a few times he finally got the point that i'm not just the automatic babysitter and that i want to do things JUST as much as him or at least have my own feelings considered.  i have no problem staying home with our son if he needs a guys night but the point is that he ASKS now instead of always assuming or telling me. 

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget the ones who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)