Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry moms but I have another swine flu question (piog)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM
  • 2 Replies

Is the diagnoses completely based on fever?? I mean like if I feel like complete poo with all the symptoms except high temp with fever, could I possibly still have it? Reason for asking is this.... my neice stayed all weekend with us, then Monday morning got sick and went to the dr and tested positive for swine.... so of course I  immediately lysol'd everything, washed everything, aired out the house, and started the whole family on airborne... and then Monday night I started having symptoms... went to the doc on Tuesday and tested negative, but they gave me cough syrup and antibiotics for my symptoms... and well it's Thursday now and I still have no fever but feel like my symptoms are worsening. The dr said if I start to run a fever that she would call me in Tamiflu, which is what they prescribe for the flu. SO... I'm not running fever, but are almost convinced I do have the flu... Help anyone?

~Julie Baker~
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sstepph
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I would just call and tell them how you're feeling.

And just keep drinking fluids and resting.

Photobucket

Proud Mummy Little Boy

NSeni
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:25 AM

the chances of you probably having it are greater since you were exposed to it. keep in mind, it is NOT regular flu season yet. that doesn't mean that you couldn't just have the regular flu, but more then likely doctors will assume it IS h1n1 bc of this. I would just go to the dr's and have them test you to be sure. also, after all your symptoms are gone (with regular flu or h1n1) you are CONTAGIOUS for 8 DAYS. please keep that in mind. and also wanted to tell you that i read an article on yahoo about airborne. it doesn't do anything. its just a whole bunch of vitamins in a pills. you're doing nothing more then taking some vitamins. they got sued and had to change their labeling because the product doesn't "prevent" anything. just thought i would let you know that as well.

good luck, and feel better!

*edit* they also call in tamiflu for h1n1 patients as well! but you may not be able to get it filled if they give you a prescription of it bc so many people have h1n1 that in some places they are running out. the prescription drug company can't fill the orders fast enough. if you are feeling like serious crap, go to the store and buy THERAFLU. dont get the pills bc they dont work as well, get the drink mix. i promise you, it tastes like serious butt, but it totally works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)