Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Washington DC..Suburb help! piog

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

We are going to be moving to a suburb of DC for dh's job.  His job is in Springfield VA (Fairfax County). We have no idea where is somewhere good to live there and need help!  We can't afford anything over $1700 a month to rent, but don't want to be in the ghetto. If you know anything about the area please help us out!!! Thanks in advance!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nikkiJ86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Do you want to live in DC or just around it? What about the Waldorf area?

nettesmomma
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:29 AM

My BFF used to live in that area.  Check out Woodbridge, and maybe Alexandria (SP??) She had 2 girls and her hubby, and they lived in a 3 bdrm 2 bath townhouse and paid 1200 month rent (that was in woodbridge) When she lived in Alexandria she rented a house for about the same price.  It was a beautiful house too.  Good luck!

rkoloms
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM

We have friends who just moved to Bethesda; they bought a house for about 1/3 less than the one they sold in Chicago.

What kind of relocation assistance is your husband's new employer providing? They shoud be flying you out to look at homes.

Robin in Chicago

STACIEH
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

We have friends who just moved to Bethesda; they bought a house for about 1/3 less than the one they sold in Chicago.

What kind of relocation assistance is your husband's new employer providing? They shoud be flying you out to look at homes.

They are flying dh out next week to go over everything and get stuff finalized. Then we will have to drive up sometime in the next few weeks and look at some places.

STACIEH
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Do you want to live in DC or just around it? What about the Waldorf area?

We want to live around it. I don't dh to have more than a 30-45 min. commute.  I don't care if it is DC, VA, or MD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)