Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why America is Fat

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:02 PM
  • 36 Replies
Monster Sandwich Pie
Image: Stephen Dietz

The recipe for this atrocity was submitted by blog reader Stephen Dietz. It includes half a roast ham and half a roast turkey, a tub of sour cream, a tub of cream cheese, and a full pound of cheddar and Swiss cheeses, all stuffed inside a King’s Hawaiian original round bread loaf. As This Is Why You’re Fat co-creator Jessica Amason says, “It's a brilliant idea. Why would you want to just eat a sandwich when you can eat it…in a pie?”

Quadruple Bypass Burger
Image: Clarence F. Jacobs

“This is an actual menu item at the Heart Attack Grill in Chandler, Arizona,” says Amason. “The best part is all the waitresses and cooks serve you the bypass burger dressed up as sexy nurses, and if you finish it, you get a T-shirt, and get wheeled to your car in a wheelchair by the staff.”

Deep-Fried Coke
Image: Stephen Witherden

“This recipe won a prize at a state fair in the Midwest,” says Amason. Stephen Witherden’s recipe involves making a batter of flour, baking powder, and freezing Coca-Cola, which is then fried and topped with whipped cream.

Pizza Cone
Image: Superlocal (Flickr)

“This is a real thing, and it is really popular in Seoul,” says Amason. “They serve pizza in these little boxes and it comes cone-shaped, like a glorified calzone.”

Elvis Donut
Image: Keith and Corie Rein

A doughnut-adaptation of chubby-era Elvis’ favorite meal was created by the owners of the Ike and Jane Café in Athens, Georgia. The doughnuts are peanut-butter glazed, then topped with bacon and bananas.

Country Breakfast Parfait
Image: Marah Anderson and Gus Straub

Another real menu item, this winner “contains all the elements of a country breakfast shoved into a cup as a parfait would be.” Those elements include tater tots, fried eggs, chicken-fried steak bites, buttermilk biscuit chunks, sausage gravy, and bacon.

You have got to be kidding me! This stuff is real? Makes me sick to my stomach! UGH!
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I think it looks gross.  

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Mom2theboy1994
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I'm a fat chick, and none of that even looked vaguely appealing. I guess it takes a special kind of fat, LOL!

isaiahsmomma86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I dunno, that pizza cone looks pretty good... lol the rest of that looks discusting, bacon on a dounut?

wicked_tink
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

man just thinkin about food right now makes me wanna go raid the fridge lol.op where did you find all these pics at? 

sassired8
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I was thinking that one and the breakfast parfait.....the rest do look gross...

Quoting isaiahsmomma86:

I dunno, that pizza cone looks pretty good... lol the rest of that looks discusting, bacon on a dounut?

Ayla-bellesmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

I'm a fat chick, and none of that even looked vaguely appealing. I guess it takes a special kind of fat, LOL!

I guess I'm that special kind of fat, cuz I would totally scarf a pizza cone. And I'm not gonna lie, I would totally have a slice of sandwich pie, just to say I did. lol

I get sick of listening to straight people complain about, "Well, hey, we don't have a heterosexual-pride day, why do you need a gay-pride day?" I remember when I was a kid I'd always ask my mom: "Why don't we have a Kid's Day? We have a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but why don't we have a Kid's Day?" My mom would always say, "Every day is Kid's Day." To all those heterosexuals that bitch about gay pride, I say the same thing: Every day is heterosexual-pride day! Can't you people enjoy your banquet and not piss on those of us enjoying our crumbs over here in the corner?
~Rob Nash

winkblinknod
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

This reminds me of the video (documentary) I've seen.  "Supersize Me".  A guy who is healthy eats at McDonalds round the clock for each meal for 30 days.  By the end of the 30 days he is overweight and sick.

They reported of a McDonalds attached to a hospital in Texas.  So you are really close when you get the coronary !

meka1984
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I watched Man vs Food and the huge amounts of food I saw that guy eat were unbelievable. I'm plus size but I was almost sick watching it. It's so cheap and convenient to eat unhealthy, that's why I think America is so overweight. It also seems like bigger is definitely better here. I learned the hard way that you can't eat any and everything you want without consequences.

Mom2theboy1994

Quoting Ayla-bellesmom:

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

I guess I'm that special kind of fat, cuz I would totally scarf a pizza cone. And I'm not gonna lie, I would totally have a slice of sandwich pie, just to say I did. lol

Nah, you are just special...and hungry. ;)

Show me the pictures before I've eaten breakfast...you'd probably get a whole new fat-girl answer. ;)

Ayla-bellesmom

Quoting sassired8:

I was thinking that one and the breakfast parfait.....the rest do look gross...

Quoting isaiahsmomma86:

Hahaha ewwww. I think the breakfast parfait looks like the worst one lol. I just keep thinking....that gravy's gonna make everyting all soggy and runny. Ew

I get sick of listening to straight people complain about, "Well, hey, we don't have a heterosexual-pride day, why do you need a gay-pride day?" I remember when I was a kid I'd always ask my mom: "Why don't we have a Kid's Day? We have a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but why don't we have a Kid's Day?" My mom would always say, "Every day is Kid's Day." To all those heterosexuals that bitch about gay pride, I say the same thing: Every day is heterosexual-pride day! Can't you people enjoy your banquet and not piss on those of us enjoying our crumbs over here in the corner?
~Rob Nash

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)