Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sad mommy

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

im bummed out. today i had to go in and ask for assistance... :( i feel like such a bad mom for not being able to give my daughter the world!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vegepunkstr
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

You are a good momma for doing what you gotta do to take care of yourself and your LO. The assistance is there to be used for people who need it so dont feel bad.

kyle84niki
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM

these are hard times for many of us at least you swallowed your pride and asked for help. you will be ok you are a great mom

I provide childcare for parents in and around Tulsa,Ok.

delmarnative
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Your a smart Mom to ask that is the first step.  Ask you shall receive.  You are a good Mom because you asked for assistance and it is there for the asking.  Take care and God Bless you and your little ones.  hugs

indymom72
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM

sometimes we all need a little help..dont' feel bad! :)

CARA2008
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:21 PM

feel betterI couldnt agree more with all the previous posters!! I think it takes a strong women to ask for help.............. 

robsgurl_23
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 11:06 AM

you are not a bad mom..you knew you needed help and you went and got it.

fooddiaryuser
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM

You did the right thing, now not all your resources are going toward the basics. We pay those taxes that provide those basics for exactly this circumstance.

My family of six was raised on Welfare back in the day, thank God we could stay together and not be turned over to foster families or orphanages.

We had a Father who had PTSD and was abusive toward my big brothers out of his frustration and anger...to be sure they were teens and probably deserved it. They quit school at 7th and 8th grade as a result...they turned out ok. One brother learned to read at 54...;p

But, my mother was eventually able to get a job when enough of us were out of the house and everyone is fine today. We loved the "canned meat" (spam) as a fried sandwich.

One of my favorite cheap things to cook now is Ramen Noodles with an egg cracked in it, stirred up and boiled down. About $.25 a serving and very filling with good protein.

TAKE CARE!

fooddiaryuser Workin'american flag ribbon on it everyday!

mashele
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM

theres nothing wrong with needing a little help...

momma2-3boys
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

You're not a bad mom!  You're a good mom for being able to realize that you do need help and it is there for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)