Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk books. What are you reading? Have you read Twilight?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:18 AM
  • 48 Replies

I have not read Twilight and I haven't read any Harry Potter, either!  I know!  I think I'm the only person in America who has not!  I'm just not interested in that genre.  Maybe one day I'll read them, though.

Right now I'm reading a Jodi Picoult novel (Picture Perfect) which is good.  I think I'm going to read Cormac McCarthy's The Road next.  I've read it twice before but it's so amazing . . . and soon, the movie "The Road" is going to be in theaters! I love to read a book and then see the movie.

So, what are you reading?  If not books, do you read magazines?   

reading

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Most recent book i've read was New moon I have to get eclipse. I was like you, when I heard about twilight, i was like oh whatever I dont' know what the big deal is but once i started reading it I was hooked! I finished the book in a day. Now i'm obsessed with the twilight series lol.  I also like books by susan elizabeth phillips and tess gerritsen.

Jamie_2284
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:33 AM

I was the same way about Twilight...then I got the books cause I wanted know what the hype was about and OMG I read the first two books in 2 days..FOR REAL! I'm gonna wait to red the 3rd after I see the movie! I'M SO STOKED!

Quoting funmommy123:

Most recent book i've read was New moon I have to get eclipse. I was like you, when I heard about twilight, i was like oh whatever I dont' know what the big deal is but once i started reading it I was hooked! I finished the book in a day. Now i'm obsessed with the twilight series lol.  I also like books by susan elizabeth phillips and tess gerritsen.

I'm a young mother of two, 1 girl and 1 boy. I'm married to their amazing daddy.I proudly  exclusively breastfeed and I do it in public. I love baby wearing and co-sleeping I don't believe in C.I.O. or spanking.I use disposable diapers, I'm pro-choice. I forward face after 1 year. I think TV can be a great babysitter. I want 10 kids. I'm a non smoker and a non drinker. I don't care what people think, I know that I am doing whats right for my children.

Rush3s
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:10 AM

I'm reading New Moon for the 3rd time!  I love that series.  It helps me get away from the daily grind.  When I'm finished I plan on reading Angels and Demons.  I loved the DaVinci code.

ladybug

SweetnSerene
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:37 AM

I'm reading a Harry Bosch novel atm,  A Darkness More Than Night by Michael Connelly.  I recently finished People of the Owl, I enjoy that series (with the exception of one, People of the Sea...just couldn't get into it).   I haven't read any Harry Potter either but I have read the whole Twilight series - twice. lol  Read all 4 books within a week!  I didn't get into it until I talked to my neice and she wanted the books for Christmas last year.  Well, I got the same one her mom had already bought and, since you can't return books, I got me a copy of Eclipse.  So, figured I'd better check it out and thoroughly enjoyed the series! =o)  My bff and I are going to a double featuer of Twilight and New Moon next Thursday...can't wait!

Some other books/authors I like...

anything by Lynn Kurland (she writes historical romance/time travel and recently wrote a fantasy trilogy)

Ted Dekker

Frank Perretti

Melanie Wells When the Day of Evil Comes and The Soul Hunter (she has a third one out in this series but haven't gotten it yet)

and many many more. lol  I'm a serious bookworm =o)

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM

You could try reading my book lol

Check out my book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Yes-They-Are-All-Mine/Linda-Dyson/e/9781438909295/?itm=3   You can help save lives check it out !

reading

DChristoff
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Do not worry!...I have not read Twilight or HP either..I want to, but have never gotten around to it...
Right now I am reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult...I heard the book was way better than the movie and so far I am loving it...I really want to read The Time Travelers Wife before I see the movie too...I hear it was a better book as well...

Brittanie0327
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I've never had an interest in Harry Potter, but I would think they are pretty different.. Honestly.. I LOVED the twilight saga.. And I wasn't going to read it because I don't really like the whole Vampire thing, but it was so good. It was more a love story than anything, with alot of action. Seriously I couldn't put it down.. And I'm about to start reading it again. lol.

katyuwf
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I've read all the Twilight books and I need to go back and read them again soon.  It's been over a year since I finished them; I think I need a fix.  Right now I am taking a break from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (another adult vampire series) and I am a reading a book called The Devils Knot.  It's a true crime story about the crack-pot trial and conviction of the West Memphis Three.  It's really good.  When I am done with that I will move onto book 4 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.  Anyone who liked Twilight, but wants a little more adult content, should check this series out.

do11face
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I've never read Twilight or Harry potter, either.

You're not alone. I havne't even seen the movies.

~ Santiago Cruz ~                        ~ Isabel Violet ~ 
                      ~ 9-14-06~                                                    ~2-3-09~

NearSeattleMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Quoting Rush3s:

I'm reading New Moon for the 3rd time!  I love that series.  It helps me get away from the daily grind.  When I'm finished I plan on reading Angels and Demons.  I loved the DaVinci code.

ladybug

I haven't read The Da Vinci Code, either!  What is wrong with me!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)