Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maternity jeans (POLL)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you do with your maternity clothes?

Options:

Give them away/sell them

Keep them, just in case you get preggo again

Keep them stored away

Wear them when you don't have anything else to wear

Wear them regularly

Other (because there's always an other) : )

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

Does anyone wear maternity clothes AFTER they've had their baby, or do you throw them out/give them away?

I am a happily married mother of
2 beautiful boys and one pretty princess. Formula and breastfeeding on demand, disposable diapering, cio, spoil my children rotten, dog-loving, Facebooking,
tattoo loving, college educated, vaxing, pro-choice, and currently a stay at home mama, with morals and heart.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3jam
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Anybody??

mrsJLA
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I had a C-section, so right now its more comfortable to wear my maternity jeans until I lose a few more pounds. But they don't have that huge wasteband, just the short elastic kind. Hopefully I wont need them much longer, but I am not caving into buying new jeans (yet). I plan on losing this weight damnit. 

Join us on

The New Jersey Moms Group!
     NJ Moms Group Mod

michellelee3708
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I never wore maternity clothes. I was able to keep wearing my size 3 jeans. Although towards the very end of my last pregnancy, I had to unbutton and unzip them when I sat down lol. But I'd probably give them away, like to good will or something, had I had them..

3greatkids751
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Well I kept my last ones when I was preggo w/ my dd but needless to say I didn't loose the baby weight from her and I can't fit into any of my maternity clothes =( I have to go but bigger ones now and it sucks..

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting our baby boy in March 2010!!pregnancy

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL BlinkieProud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

3greatkids751
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Oh you suck lol..

sticking out tongue

Quoting michellelee3708:

I never wore maternity clothes. I was able to keep wearing my size 3 jeans. Although towards the very end of my last pregnancy, I had to unbutton and unzip them when I sat down lol. But I'd probably give them away, like to good will or something, had I had them..

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting our baby boy in March 2010!!pregnancy

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL BlinkieProud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

Jaxonsmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Well I kept all mine and am reusing them now but I am going to be selling them all after this LO makes an entrance!

Jaxon Ray 3-27-07toddler boy  Adalyn Jean 3-10-10expecting girl

momof3jam
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I was going to say the same thing LOL!! Size 3 - I don't think I was a size 3 since I was THREE years old!  :)

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Oh you suck lol..

sticking out tongue

Quoting michellelee3708:

STACIEH
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Well I kept my last ones when I was preggo w/ my dd but needless to say I didn't loose the baby weight from her and I can't fit into any of my maternity clothes =( I have to go but bigger ones now and it sucks..

W/ #1 I was the same way and only needed a belly band to take me through my entire pregnancy.  #2 I did buy a couple of items but gave them to my step neice after I had #2.  Now it's time to try for #3 and I will probably buy a couple of things at the end but up until 6-8 months preggo I will just use a belly band

youngnconfused
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM

One of my friends and I share our maternity clothes, Much cheaper for both of us.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

momof3jam
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Wow, I'm sort of surprised that the votes are pretty spread around almost equally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)