Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? :( (UPDATE)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm getting a padlock for my door tonight and a friend of mine is helping me install it.  lol.  Awful awful mess I'm in.  My mom WILL NOT buy the padlock because she said she can't afford it.  My grandma picked one up for me.  I also noticed when I went to get a rootbeer (all natural, pricey) for myself for lunch, they were ALL gone.  My sister got into those last night so I guess Mom really didn't do anything.  I left 2 notes.  One of the fridge stating I will report them to JFS if they don't stop.  We both receive foodstamps and it's listed as we buy and prepare meals separately.  I put in the note that they will likely lower her foodstamps...but I have no idea what I'm talking about.  lol.  The note I left on my door states that if one thing is missing from my room, I will press charges of theft.  I have to go a 45 minute drive to get the lock and all that (Grandma is watching my girls tonight so I'm picking the lock up and bringing it back) so I have to do SOMETHING. 

Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE to share... but this isn't sharing.  This is stealing.  One of my shirts, I noticed this morning, has a huge rip in it!  It's damaged.  It isn't fair. :(

Ever since I moved back in with my mom and sister (we all moved into a big house when we decided to move in together)... my sister has been "borrowing" (I call it stealing) things from me without asking and then I usually never see them again.  Today was the last straw.  A few weeks ago my shoes came up missing.  Purple Converse.  I can't afford to replace those!  She swore to God she didn't take them, had mom believing it..."Autumn, I can TELL when Bobbi is lying"... So I went in her room, found my purple shoes, TEN of my nice shirts (I'm pregnant so I can't wear hardly anything, she took the things I CAN wear), shorts and a damn maternity dress.  I'm PISSED.  Mom says she'll do something about it but, she won't.  This might sound childish, but I really messed up her room while looking because I was so pissed.  She has clothes all over her floor....

I told Mom I was gonna press charges on my sister.  Likely nothing would come out of it.  They would probably laugh me out of the police station but I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.  I pay rent here.  I shouldn't have to worry about my shit getting stolen by my 17 year old sister. 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marriedmomma3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM

id probably slap her 

pregnancy

baby

babies
Autumn22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM

She would fight back and I can't risk it because I'm pregnant.

lol.

She's a spoiled ass little out of control brat... UGGGH

Quoting marriedmomma3:

id probably slap her 

offrdngal
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Technically, if you want to file a report...they have to let you file a report.  Theft is theft.  Yes, you can press charges against your sister.  I think you should.  Did you take your stuff out of her room?  I would have.  You pay rent, you have privacy rights and she has invaded your privacy and stolen from you.  Get a lock for your door that only you have a key for.

Terri

Autumn22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Oh yes, I took my things out of her room.  I feel like the only way this is going to stop is if I press charges on her.  My mom told me I can go ahead and start looking for a new place to live if I do that though... even though I'm on the lease, too (rolls eyes).  I'm getting a lock this weekend.

Quoting offrdngal:

Technically, if you want to file a report...they have to let you file a report.  Theft is theft.  Yes, you can press charges against your sister.  I think you should.  Did you take your stuff out of her room?  I would have.  You pay rent, you have privacy rights and she has invaded your privacy and stolen from you.  Get a lock for your door that only you have a key for.

pregoResA
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM

hey ,

I'm sorry u have to go through this crap , especially being preggo... she has some balls ... she needs a slap ...but I understand she is your sister ... but u need to put down the law ... u pay flippin rent so u should be able to put a lock on your door only u should have the key and thats that no-one  needs to be in your room but you and thats that ... I know its a  hard sitution because its family but they need to still respect you ... keep your head up and your foot down ... be strong and stern ....   remember  they need to respect your stuff , its yours ....

shrugging

Autumn22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I was also told today by my Mom that I'm no longer allowed to lock the door because she hasn't had a key made for my sister yet.  I'm sure!  I don't feel comfortable in this big old house with the door unlocked!  I told her no, I'm going to lock it and for her to get another key made and she started yelling at me... told me to leave.  It's awful here.  I'm on a waiting list for an apartment.  Can't wait till I get it.

offrdngal
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:45 PM

If you are on the lease, mom can STFU.  She can't make you leave.  It's just as much your place, as it is hers.  Press charges.  Her threats are no good.  Mom needs to stop covering for your sister.  Tell mom that she is welcome to leave, but legally, you can still expect rent from her, until the lease is up.  People who use idle threats usually tend not to like being threatened, in return.  Especially when the threat is a valid one.

Quoting Autumn22:

Oh yes, I took my things out of her room.  I feel like the only way this is going to stop is if I press charges on her.  My mom told me I can go ahead and start looking for a new place to live if I do that though... even though I'm on the lease, too (rolls eyes).  I'm getting a lock this weekend.

Quoting offrdngal:

Terri

Autumn22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Good point.  Never thought of that.  I COULD sue her for her portion of the rent until the lease is up.  I remember seeing that on those court tv shows now that you mention it.  haha.  Yeah, my name is on the lease too so she can't tell me to leave.  I actually brought that up to her a few times today. 

When she had nothing else, she started to attack my parenting.  She told me I'm ruining my girls and that I'm too controlling.  I said, "Ha Ha!!  Excuse me?!  You're the one with the kleptomaniac as a daughter... I wouldn't be handing out parenting advice!"  lol.

Quoting offrdngal:

If you are on the lease, mom can STFU.  She can't make you leave.  It's just as much your place, as it is hers.  Press charges.  Her threats are no good.  Mom needs to stop covering for your sister.  Tell mom that she is welcome to leave, but legally, you can still expect rent from her, until the lease is up.  People who use idle threats usually tend not to like being threatened, in return.  Especially when the threat is a valid one.

offrdngal
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Such a typical reaction!  Just like a child who is not getting her own way!!  Stand your ground with her and don't back down.  Let her attack you character..who cares.  It seems as that's the only way she knows how to deal with things...threaten or attack.  Very immature.  Don't stoop to her level.  Just state the facts and walk away.

Quoting Autumn22:

Good point.  Never thought of that.  I COULD sue her for her portion of the rent until the lease is up.  I remember seeing that on those court tv shows now that you mention it.  haha.  Yeah, my name is on the lease too so she can't tell me to leave.  I actually brought that up to her a few times today. 

When she had nothing else, she started to attack my parenting.  She told me I'm ruining my girls and that I'm too controlling.  I said, "Ha Ha!!  Excuse me?!  You're the one with the kleptomaniac as a daughter... I wouldn't be handing out parenting advice!"  lol.

Quoting offrdngal:

Terri

amayabrianna
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Why don't you get a key lock for your bedroom door and lock it when you leave the house?

My family supports them ALL does yours???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)