Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever go to the movies alone?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM
  • 35 Replies

I go to the movies alone all the time.  I actually prefer going alone--but I remember how awkward I felt when I first started going alone. 

I love going to the movies.  I go once or twice a month.

What about you?  Do you go to movies alone?  Why or why not?

What's the last movie you saw in a theater?  (I saw "Men Who Stare at Goats" last weekend.)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kanalee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:05 PM

NO!

But I would love too! I can't sneak out fast enough to go alone *snort* hahahaha.... I would love to sit alone, watching a movie all the way through without going to the potty, or picking up someones dropped napkin, or fishing in my purse for ANOTHER straw because one of my children broke their straw fooling around with it or it flipped out of their mouths onto the floor....

Hahahaha

Peace,
Kana

flmommy76
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I have once and would do it more often if I had the time.  I did feel a little weird at first but got over it.  I mean, who was I trying to impress, right?! :)

CafeMom Tickers
RAZmom88
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM

No, I usually go with Dh but I have bribed my kids to go with me.

yeezy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM

uhm ilv actually never went to the movies alone i mean for my age it would b pretty akward LoL but then again someone always asks me. ill probably go when im older lyk when i dont wana b bothered by daughter anymore =P

inmybizz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Yes i do...  I don't feel embarrassed going by myself, it's nice to have some me time..

CODYSMOM_00
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM

no, me and ds always go.

my2rascals
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I love going to the movies and i miss all the times DH and i would go to the movies before we had the kids.  Just recently (since my little on has turned 3) i've been taking the kids.  We usually enjoy watching the 3D ones and even my little one is pretty good about it.  Although, this week when we saw the Christmas Carol he was a little afraid :o.  So, all the movies i see anymore are kid ones. I guess i could go to see a good chick flick now that my 3yr old is in preschool a couple days a week but i don't know if i would go myself.  hehe  Maybe it WOULD just take time getting used to tho. if nobody was available to go w/me. 

Mom2CamNTea
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I wish I could go to the movies alone. It would be a nice break. Unfortunately, I have not been to a movie in almost three years!

I think the last movie I saw in theatres was Walk The Line (the one about Johnny Cash) 

mama2conor
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Before I met DH I went alone (tho a few times I went w/ a group of friends or the kids I babysat) but not now.  I hated going alone, its no fun IMO.

Gypsyuma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:15 PM

My DH and I went to the movies together for the first time in about 10 years recently - I usually go by myself because DH is watching the kids.

We saw "The Hangover".  Damn that movie was funny!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)