Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dealing with warts! HELP

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

Question: How happy are you with your childs doctor?

they're ok

Not at all!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

My two year old son has a wrt on the tip of his thumb, partially under the nail.  As soon as we noticed it we took him to his doctor (that was last year)  and asked him to remove it.  The doctor refused to "freeze" it or use anything like that because it would be too painful.  Instead he put a "blister agent" on it and said that should take care of it, but to be careful that my son (1 at the time) didnt get it in his mouth...He sloppily put a bandaid over top of it and sent us home.  On the way home of corse my son tried to eat the bandaid pulling the blister agent off before it could be effective.  We called the doctor and he basically said we were SOL until he was older. Again, after I asked him to, he refused to freeze the wart off.  Then the wart spread, and he now has the 2 warts on his thumb and two on the palm of his other hand, wich are constantly getting bigger.  We decided we would wait til his check up in Jan (3 year check up) and ask the doctor again to remove them ( becasue thats when our HRA will renew so we wot have any out of pocket since were having a baby any day now).  However now he has a wart on the corner of his mouth and 2 under his lip now! I am so angry with the doctor because with on small treatment it could have been takin care he has 7 warts...and on his mouth!  My husband and I decided that were are switching his doctor to someone else.  Now we have to pay for 7 warts to be removed...and I know the ones on his mouth will hurt more than the one little one he had to start with!  I wish I knew how to I dont know...make a complaint about that doctor or something...I am so upset!  Anyway...does anyone know of any topical treatments that work that might be safe for his mouth...or at least any that work that I could more easily use on his hands etc...suggestions tips advice...anything please

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:28 AM

IF you can get him to leave it on wrap it with a band-aid and tape. a wart has to breath to survive and if you cover it, it with suffocate and go away. However it does take about 2 weeks.

by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I remember hearing that you should cover them with duct tape.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:47 AM

For the treatment of common or plantar warts you can try the following:

• Apply a paste made of vitamin C powder to the wart for one to two weeks.
  • Place a crushed or sliced clove of garlic over the wart for seven consecutive nights while sleeping.
  • Soak the wart in water. Then make scratches in the wart with a sterile needle. Apply drops of thuja dissolved in alcohol to the wart. Repeat several times a day for one to two weeks.
  • Tape a piece of banana peel on the wart over night, with the inner side of the peel touching the skin. Repeat nightly for one to two weeks.
  • Use duct tape to "suffocate" the wart

some of this sounds nuts... however I do know the band aid and or duct tape does work!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)