Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I make my period go away faster?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
My husband has been at Army BCT for 10 weeks. I haven't had my period since the day he left (stress makes me miss periods, I've taken a handful of HPTs and all were negative). I'm going to see him graduate this week and the cramps are starting tonight. I'll probably have my period tomorrow. What can I do?! I don't need this right now. I'm not on birth control, but I do have a brand new pack. I'm considering popping 2 or 3 and then 1 a day after to try to hold it off. Any suggestions? Please help!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyOnLI
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:56 PM

popping the BC pills are NOT going to stop your period or make it shorter your first month...

it can and most of the time make you bleed even more (most ppl tend to spot and bleed the 1st month on BC)

mlawton
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM

There is a product that I have used for that same reason. It is called instead. It is not a tampon or a pad and you can have sex with it in. Be prepared for a mess when you take it out. And if you do decide to use it, Try and use it before you do your deed!!!

wedding ticker

LDthephoenix
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM

is this some kind of contraceptive? what is it and what it is used for? you know, it's actually not good to stop your period, even though we all wish we could-it's actually the body's way of giving itself a douche-which is why you really don't need to buy douche and use it daily-only occasionally. things like this can lead to fibroid tumors, hystorectomy's and all kinds of female trouble. it's a nuisance, but it the "special" gift that God gave us that actually separates us from men. let nature do what it does-i wouldn't try and alter it personally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)