Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New: When's the last time you saw your dad?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:06 AM
  • 104 Replies

Yesterday I asked when you saw your mom last. 

Today, I'm asking about your dads. 

The last time I saw my dad was on September 21, 1989.  He died that day from malignant melanoma in the house where I spent my adolescence.  I miss him so much.  He was 47.

When was the last time you saw your dad? 

grandpa 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:10 AM

On my birthday back in August. We live quite far away from them, so we only see them a few times a year.

I talk to my dad several times a week though. The only one in my family I am not close with is my mother, and that is because she is a non functioning alcoholic. She has no power or phone, so it's impossible to talk to her from where I am.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:14 AM

When I graduated college in May 2008.

collegemama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Well the last time I saw him was when I was a few months old and then once when I was 2 or 3. And good riddance.

mistyray
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:41 AM

last summer.

AshGabKaiser
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:42 AM

The last time I saw my Dear Dad was August 25th , l975, and I STILL miss him every day. He was a totally COOL  Dad !

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:43 AM

This morning.

glitterteaz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:45 AM

2yrs before he died in 2001 

Littles1921
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:46 AM

(I was diagnosed with stage 4 malignant melanoma 10 years ago.)   I just got my 10 year medal for being cancer free...

I can't even imagine how much you miss him!! 

I just saw my dad today.......  I will see him again on Saturday for his 66th Birthday.  

I',m  so sorry for your loss!!

mommyofblueyes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Honestly I don't remember.  My Dad died Feb. 5, 1989.  I was almost 5 when he passed.  It was accidental suicide, I think that is what they called it.

greendark.gif BLINKIES image by NANISICILIANIrearfacing-2-son.pngAir Force Wife

AidanCamsMom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:48 AM

February 2008-We went to visit my family in FL because we live in NH. It's too expensive for us to visit all the time, and they can't be bothered to come here...

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)