Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have morning sickness?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM
  • 28 Replies

I struggled with infertility for about 9 years before I got pregnant.  And then, I was so lucky . . . I did not have any morning sickness at all.  I did get sick once after eating a deviled egg (after not eating anything for about 12 hours), but other than that?  Nothing.  My worst pregnancy symptom was fatigue.

What about you?  Did you suffer from morning sickness?  

pregnant belly

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:46 AM

With my first DS I literally had morning sickness. I would wake up, throw up, and then go about my day! LOL My second DS I never threw up, but I had nausea all day long. With this baby, nothing so far, but I'm only 6 weeks, so we will see how it goes! :)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:56 AM

I have projectile vomited pretty much every day that I have ever been pregnant multiple times a day, anytime of the day.  It sucks.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:40 AM

I had all day sickness with #1 and #2, I was hospitalized three times with #2 it was so bad. I damaged my esophagus from throwing up so much. It was the worst feeling in the world. I just had a baby 2 1/2 months ago and I only had morning sickness with her for about two weeks, I think I didn't get it with her because she is a girl and girls are just way better ;)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I am just like you actually.. Well minus the infertility lol but when I got preggo w/ this little man I was queasy if I didn't eat anything (but I'm like that pregnant or not pregnant). I didn't have one bit of morning sickness =) Like you the only really bad symptom that affected me and my daily activities was the fatigue..OMG it was horrible, but after about month 2-3 it went away thank god lol.. I just knew I was having a boy w/ this one because I felt different and I had no morning sickness.. W/ my girls I was really sick all the time for the first couple months.

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting our baby boy in March 2010!!pregnancy

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL BlinkieProud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

by Susie on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Not with either one of my pregnancies.  I was very lucky. 

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:48 AM

nope! there was one week probably when I was about 7wks or so where when I would wake up I'd feel nauseous, but never did puke. (I'm just not a puker).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Nope.  Not with either of my boys.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:58 AM

i was sick all the way up until i was about 5 months, so bad sometimes i couldnt get outta bed.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Last pregnancy yes, every day, several times a day up until delivery. it was ok though because i got used to it, and that was my worst symptom, and throwing up relieved my nausea and i could go about my day.

THIS pregnancy no throwing up but sick in every other way. I am dizzy tired, headaches, nauseus but not throwing up so no relief, diarreah, constipation, itchy, everything you can think of

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:35 AM

With my first I had HG throughout my pregnancy, starting as soon as the egg hit my uterus!! I swear! I was super sick before a HPT showed positive! I had a crappy dr that told me there was nothing she could do about it- no meds at all! I was hospitalized multiple times and had preterm labor issues do to the HG.

Second time around I was super scared and seriously considered not have anymore children. When I got pregnant I knew I had to find a different OB. I was surprisingly not sick until 8wks- I felt like something was wrong because it was so different than my first. At 8wks HG hit! My new OB put me on Alere homecare (IV hook up at home, Zofran medication pump in my thigh, nutritionist, daily nurse contact and 24/7 emergency nurse care) It was a GODSEND! I wish I had that with my first.

At the beginning I was going down hill too fast and they wanted to put me in the hospital until my condition was under control better. I refused and asked for 1 more week before we do that, I have a 3yo and no one to watch her if I go to the hospital. I increased my zofran to the highest, increased my IV drip and forced myself to eat nothing but popcycles, grapes, watermelon- anything with a water content and in 3-4 days I was finally getting better and under control.

With my first pregnancy I lost 35lbs

With my second I lost 25lbs

I'm 25wks and just now started gaining weight back. 

PhotobucketLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)