Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will You Do Black Friday in the Stores or Online?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:46 AM
  • 9 Replies

A few of my friends and I were chatting last night at the park and the subject of holiday shopping came up. We wondered if more people will be getting their holiday bargains online this year or still shopping from store to store. My thought was more people than ever will be shopping online. With the high price of gas, the scare of getting the H1N1 flu, and the fact that most merchants are really putting an effort to make their shopping websites more convenient, I believe shopping online will be more popular than ever.  Our little group, at one time or another, have shopped at a site called Lotta Stores. They have about 1,000 stores, so I can get my shopping done in a hurry. We all agreed that shopping online has become so simple, but one of my friends says she will still fight the crowds on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Kind of a tradition or something. Any thoughts on this subject? What are your shopping plans?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anetrnlov
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Neither...Black Friday will be spent with my family putting up Christmas decorations.

wedding website

shecallsmemom04
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:50 AM

us too.  i even took the whole day off.  i'm so excited...LOL.

my christmas shopping is done.  i hate BS, so i always get it done long before black friday when all the freaks come out to play.

Quoting anetrnlov:

Neither...Black Friday will be spent with my family putting up Christmas decorations.

if you are one of those overly annoying people, who seem to get offended over every little thing, and like to pull out the "judgemental" card....please, do not quote me.  i don't pay attention to stupid and i do not deal with whiners. 

get yourself a tissue, grow up, and move on.  and have a great day.  :-)

lilay
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Both! While I am done shopping and wrapping for this year it is never to early to get started for next year! 

Lilypie

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I have to work at 3 am. lol

LovinMy2Girlz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I didn't know you could shop online during black friday.. do you still get the same deals as going to the store.. How's that work exactly??

I never go shopping on black friday.. usually that's the day we listen to christmas music and decorate the house and tree.. but if I can shop online and get deals.. I'm in!! haha

shecallsmemom04
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:58 AM

online....try khols, jcpenny, and toys r us.  they are usually my favorites.  they have something for everyone.  and they often have good deals, all year round.

Quoting LovinMy2Girlz:

I didn't know you could shop online during black friday.. do you still get the same deals as going to the store.. How's that work exactly??

I never go shopping on black friday.. usually that's the day we listen to christmas music and decorate the house and tree.. but if I can shop online and get deals.. I'm in!! haha

if you are one of those overly annoying people, who seem to get offended over every little thing, and like to pull out the "judgemental" card....please, do not quote me.  i don't pay attention to stupid and i do not deal with whiners. 

get yourself a tissue, grow up, and move on.  and have a great day.  :-)

LovinMy2Girlz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:59 AM

thanks! =)

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

online....try khols, jcpenny, and toys r us.  they are usually my favorites.  they have something for everyone.  and they often have good deals, all year round.

Quoting LovinMy2Girlz:

sheena20
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:05 AM

ILL be going to the stores i didnt know that you could do it online.hu..lol..i was going to put up our tree n things but i dont want to have to keep the kids from it..i have 4,2 yr old 10 month old.. and i watch two 3 yr old and a 2 yr old and a 8 week old..i dont want to have to keep the from pulling things off so ill wait till 2 weeks befor or the 1st week of dec to do it..

CoeyG
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM

I do "Cyber Monday" when online prices go down after "black Friday" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)