Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What To Bring, What To Bring..... Thanksgiving...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
1. What do you wish you had to make Thanksgiving easier?

2. If/when you go to someone elses house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?

3. What do you wish one of your guest would bring?

Peace,
Kana

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:31 AM

We go to families houses for the holidays, and I am just starting to bring a dish.  My cooking skills were not so good for a while, but now I'm getting there! LOL  I take to Thanksgiving a cheesy potato casserole dish.  Also, per request from the host, I'm bringing deviled eggs (my first dish I was ever "allowed" to bring to get togethers! LOL), and usually we bring some sort of cookies or bake good.  I have always loved to bake so that one is always nice.  You can never have to many sweets!

Autumn22
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Quoting kanalee:

Nothing.  I'm going to Grandma's.  Easy enough :)

2. If/when you go to someone elses house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?
Grandma didn't ask me to bring a dish but she did ask me to bring the bread for the stuffing, organic chicken broth, whipped cream and... shit, something else.  I'll need to call her.  haha.

I have no guests.  I am the guest.

xboxlulu
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Quoting kanalee:

Different in laws....?? *LOL*

I'm always asked to bring a dish, for a few years I was asked to bring mostacholli or lasagna....this year I've been asked to bring my BBQ turkey meatloaf. *lol*

My house is WAY to small to hold more than the 3 of us that already live here, so I don't have to worry about this beacuse there's no way any major holiday function will EVER be held in my home till we can afford to build a new house, and I don't see that happening anytime soon....if ever....

Humboldt0608
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM

It probably wouldn't help much but I think my Thanksgivings would be nicer to make in an electrolux kitchen. LOL... one day I'll get that kitchen!

Everyone likes my Spinach and Artichoke dip, it's easy to make and I can just transport it in the crock pot. Plus, I usually go a little earlier than dinner and before the other guests arrive so that I can help out in the kitchen.

Onemoretime
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:49 AM

A Neutral Place for everyone to eat.

Used to bring pies, but this year everything is messed up. ;(

We don't have any event at our place for more than my kids, as we live 4 hours away from everyone else.

kanalee
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Quoting kanalee:

1. What do you wish you had to make Thanksgiving easier? A Cleaning service the day before the big event.

2. If/when you go to someone elses house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it? I bring all sorts of things, so far the past 5 plus years I bring extra tables & chairs, table clothes, extra plates, and come early to set up, clean, and help with all of the last minute cooking.... I will jump in and mash the potatoes, or take out the trash and set out all the food....

3. What do you wish one of your guest would bring? Games to play, music, anything fun for the group.... and come happy!

Peace,
Kana

Ibelongtojesus
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Yourself Seriously, that is what I tell poepl, I cook everything else, I just want  your company.

Ibelongtojesus
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM
1. What do you wish you had to make Thanksgiving easier?  A maid.

2. If/when you go to someone elses house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?No, unless they tell me to bring something.

3. What do you wish one of your guest would bring?Nothing just them sleves.
izzybear0217
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:10 PM

. What do you wish you had to make Thanksgiving easier?more stove top and ovens

2. If/when you go to someone elses house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?I am going to my in laws on Sunday. I have to bring the bread a side dish and a dessert. I have no clue on the dessert.

3. What do you wish one of your guest would bring?booze anything to get me to relax after cooking that meal I'm very picky about people cooking my thanksgiving dinner. When we get a house and I take over Thanksgiving from my in-laws I am doing it all. I want my dhs dad and step-mom to relax and I don't trust my sister in laws cooking lol

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
bizkit_fanky
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM

1. What do you wish you had to make Thanksgiving easier? nothing really... My mom is a wonderful cook and she does the turkey and all that... I bring  some desserts..

2. If/when you go to someone elses house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?usually buckeyes, cranberry crunch, and a pie

3. What do you wish one of your guest would bring? we always go to my parents house..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)