Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to buy Yummy Dough?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:04 PM
  • 2 Replies
My 8 year daughter was recently given a gift from her friend called Yummy Dough. Last night we finally tried it.  It is this great new product where kids can make their own dough, mix the colors and knead to form a molding dough which they can also bake and eat after.  Not only is it a  dough that it is safe to eat before baking unlike something like Playdoh, it actually tastes pretty good, like a sugar cookie.  The kids had so much fun, I joined in was a blast.
I went to their great website.. which has tutorials on how to form different animals or creatures and more information on all the positive aspects of yummy dough. You can also post online pictures of what you've made a share with friends and family.
As I read through the website I learned that the product was created by two little girls in Germany who had tasted the play dough they were playing with and told their father it was awful and would he invent something they could eat and play with...years later he did. How sweet is that...
I'm writing to find out if anyone has come across it at toy stores or knows where to buy it. Thank you
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I don't know where you can buy it, but I know you can make it yourself..

1 cup flour
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup softened butter
• shredded coconut
• plate
• bowl
• spoon

What to do:
1. Have your child pour all of the ingredients except for the shredded coconut into the bowl. Together, you can mix them. (You might want to use an electric mixer.) Refrigerate the bowl for five minutes. (Note that children under age 1 should not eat honey.)

2. Give your child a ball of the dough and encourage her to have fun rolling, smashing, and shaping it. Ask her to describe how the dough feels.

3. Have your toddler form the dough into small balls. Spread the shredded coconut on a plate and let your child roll the balls through it. Refrigerate the dough balls for a short time and then eat them. Talk about how the doughy balls taste.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Welcome to CafeMom!

Please say hello to the other moms introducing themselves here.  You add a reply to their post, visit their page and send out friend invitations! 

You'll find lots of Moms talking in our main forum - The Newcomers Club - Active discussion forum.   Feel free to join in - reply to posts and start some posts of your own!

We also suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups.

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Elementary Moms
If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)