Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you help me with this gift???

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone!  Every year my kids make a gift for all their loved ones(grandma, grandpa, close friends aunts uncles etc).  I am thinking this year instead of making an ornament for everyone's tree or something like that, I would like to help the kids make hats and mittens for kids that need them.  Then we will write a letter telling everyone that we did this in their honer  and donated them for their christmas gift.  I however am NOT great at doing this kind of thing and I really want them to be able to help and really feel like they made these things.  Now I know that is going to be tough being that they are 5, 2, and 2 but I am hoping someone can give me easy directions for hats and or mittens and maybe scarfs.  Thanks you for your help!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mom_on_strike
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I have no idea how to knit but I had an idea that maybe you could buy plain hats and stuff and add stuff to them. like for girls add the little balls hanging off the top, or you could get iron on patches and get characters like spongbob, dora, etc. just an idea. great idea BTW  :)

Elyce225
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I don't know how to make them either but I have a good idea. Target has two pair of gloves for a dollar(they are really cute too) and hats for $1.50. You could go get a bunch of them and still have the kids do ornaments.(I love the idea or ornaments as a gift, its something your family will always have).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)