Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Portable DVD players for the car.....best/worst?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hello fellow mommies!! I need your help and personal opinions/experiences to help me decide on what brand or type of new portable dvd player I should by for my car. I am about to toss our 2nd one. The first one we purchased was maybe 4 or so years ago and lasted maybe a year or almost 2, dont remember the brand, but it was nice. It was one with the two tvs...for each headrest. When he cut out on us we took it back to the store b/c it was under warranty and get it replaced. I didnt like the new one but they didnt have many to choose from in our price range. It has lasted us until now and one of the tvs(the main one) has just been worn out. I need to purchase a new one soon and have been looking online at reviews but they all have good and bad ones. I need yall to tell me which ones you prefer, the pros and cons to the having the ones with 2 tvs verses just one. Any help is appreciated!! Also....do most ones with just one tv come with a way to put it on the headrest? THANKS!!!!

Anna

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Rush3s
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I don't have one, but my friend hated her RCA.  I've heard good things about Sony.  Have you read reviews on Amazon?

timyell
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I recently purchased a Phillips dual screen dvd player and i'm satisfied with it. it cost $119 at Target. I needed two screens b/c of my two older children 4 and 2 fighting over our old one. both of them wanted to hold it. ugh!

colbysmama89
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Thanks for the replies. No I havent been to Amazon but I will check it out. Thanks!!!

colbysmama89
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Ok so what are you opinons on the portable dvd players for the car vs the kid tough dvd player from fisher price?? It's al il pricey for al il screen but its tough and may last longer. Your thoughts........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)