Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to stay motivated and lose weight, but need some advice

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so here is the thing, I have lost about 30lbs since last year.  When I first started out I was working and being active all day long including walking over an hour to get home every couple of days since I had no car.  Since I stopped working I have gained about 7lbs. Thats in the last two months.  now my eating habbits are the same, not changed whatsoever but I am not anywhere near as active as I have been.
Also I spent two weeks sick and sitting on my butt. 
I want to work out but have a few things I cannot do.  I cant do gym because those cost money monthly and we dont have the extra cash to pay for it.  It is raining at least 5 out of 7 days, and I am talking streets flooding with giant puddles raining.  I cannot take my three year old daughter outside in the rain either it is also WAAAY to cold to keep my daughter out side for over an hour so I can walk.  Too cold and and I dont have a stroller to put her in.  I also cant affored to put her in daycare(if I could I would do that and be looking for a job on foot).
I have no treadmill and my WII fit is getting boring.  I am confined to doing things in my house, we aren't a messy family and it doesnt take much to clean the house especailly since I am cleaning it every day.  I cant keep myself motivated to keep up with excersizing, I tried to do a group post on one of my groups but everyone kinda quit on me.

So I need new ideas on what I can do, and how I can stay motivated to keep up with it?
I know I can lose the weight, I just need to be able to do something at home that will keep me interested.  Also I am wondering if anyone would like to be my cyber workout buddy, if i have someone to answer to maybe I will be more inclined to keep it up KWIM?

So anyone have any ideas?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
UxorQuodMatris
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Try Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It's a DVD, you can get it for about $15 at Target.  As for stating motivated, I've found looking at pictures of skinny people helps lol.

Humans kill an estimated 100 million sharks each year. Sign this petition to establish a global ban on shark finning. CLICK HERE

AlyssaRob1416
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Do you have Netflix and PS3 or Xbox? You can steam workout videos to your TV whenever you want.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I will be a cyber buddy.  I realy have got to get 50lbs off before I turn 50 and I am 48 1/2.  I was always tiny my whole life until I had my daughter when I was 30.  I gained too much, didn't lose it all, had my 2nd daughter and went up from there.  I lost 40 lbs when I was 40 and got down to 125.  Now I am higher than ever. 

SharoninKy
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 11:06 AM

This is something I learned from doing ww online many years ago.  House work, playing with the kids is exercise.  I always consider mopping, windows and all cleaning exercise.  Throwing the ball to the dog for 15 min is exercise, chasing the kids around the yard is exercise.  I love it because it fits in my day and has to be done anyhow. lol   Congrats on the weight loss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)