Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, I can't believe how sweet that man is!!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok, so here is my issue: I currently live across the street from my mother.  She and I don't get along because she is psycho, I'm serious.  She thinks she's entitled to everything I have, including my state benefits and the meager amount of money I'm making.  I have to keep my door locked at all times because she'll walk right in without knocking, she calls and texts me horrible things all the time, even puts on her FB page that I need mental help.  Over the last 3 years, I've probably loaned her something like $4000, not even kidding, and I'll never see a dime of it.  I'm 26 years old and I've got two kids to take care of. 

Not only that, but my house is falling apart before my eyes.  There are places where the floor is falling through, there are three broken windows, exposed wiring, lights that don't work, things like that.  I bought it three years ago when I left my ex husband and was desperate, so I took this place even though I could see there was a lot wrong with it.  Recently, my furnace went out and it will cost us like $3000 to get it fixed!!  That's what I paid for the bloody trailer!!!  Another thing, I bought this place from a woman that seemed nice at first but turned out to be a nightmare!  I paid for it in full within a year and a half, and when I started bugging her for the title, she disappeared!  I've hired PIs to look for her, sent lawyers lose on her and no one can find her! 

So yeah, this place sucks.  I have to use portable radiators and space heaters to heat the place and it doesn't really work.  I've decided I need, need, NEED to move.  I found a lovely place that is clear across town, two big bedrooms, wonderful kitchen, clean and spacious living room, one and a half bathrooms, a patio outside the kitchen for morning coffee in the summer, HUGE back yard with 6 foot high fencing, and a garage.  I'm so excited!  Well, I've been with my fiance for just over 3 years now and he knows I'm a bit strapped for cash.  He was here last week for Turkey Day (even though he's British and it means nothing to him, he still likes to spend it with us!) and lives in Canada.  While he was here, he just about had a heart attack when we got in my car.  Apparently, the loud grinding sound from my front end wasn't road nose.  Could have fooled me!  And it was really dangerous to be driving on such bad wheel bearings.  That man paid to have the front wheel bearings replaced, new break pads on all four tires and an oil change, about $1160!!!!  Just did it.  He's so sweet to me!!!

Anyway, I had to share it.  He's really such a sweet man.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chrystal458
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:01 PM

aww thats sweet hold on to him> sorry about your mom. and go for the new place you deserve it. being a single mom is hard.  good luck to you and merry christmas

robsgurl_23
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM

that was nice of him,..he is a keeper..=)

Lil_ol_me9306
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Indeed he is.  He's well educated, has THREE master's degrees in psychology, nursing and psychiatry.  He's been working as a psychiatric nurse for 11 years and makes very good money.  He helps me when I allow him and takes very good care of the boys and me.  He loves us so much and I'm working very hard to be with him.  We bought these while he was here.

I've had the sapphire ring since he proposed to me February of 2007.  We bought the wedding bands because we're already so committed and so in love that we feel like we're married already.  Of course we're planning on doing the whole she-bang in a few years, but I think this helps us both feel a little more secure.  I know how corny it sounds, but he's my soul-mate, a true match in every way.  He's my other half and completes me so well, it's hard to tell where his soul ends and mine begins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)