Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's finally snowing (in North Dakota!)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

I can't believe it took this long to get some white stuff, lol.... we're usually covered in it by now (I live in Northeastern North Dakota, very near Canada)... we're getting a few inches today, maybe more this week, but dang... Mother Nature waits until Dec. 1 to blanket us, lol.  That's pretty unusual!

Glad I have the day off and don't have to drive in this... the first day of snow, no one's used to it so there are mucho accidents.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
itscool2recycle
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Maybe it will come south to me (Nebraska) 

Elyce225
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I cant wait for snow, it takes forever though. I'm in Northern Va. It doesn'tsnow much here but when it does people go crazy. The first year I was here it snowed an inch and they closed schools down, in Philly it takes at least 4 inches to do that.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Not an ice and snow person here and I dread it coming.  At least we don't get a lot and by the end of Feb it will have stopped.  I spent 18 years in Rome New York where winter started in October and continued through May 

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I live in Wisconsin and I hate snow.  I have lived here 4 years and can't wait to move.  This year has been mild so far and I love it.  Tonight it all ends.  We will get an inch or less.  I hear the winter might be mild and I hope so.  These past couple winters have done me in.  2 years ago we had 99 inches.  Last year we had the bitter bitter cold. 

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:11 AM

You can have it!! LOL

I lived in Grand Forks from 96-99'... The first year we were stationed there it snowed, no....we had 13 blizzards as well as the flood. I was very glad to leave and come back to Georgia. I'm not a snow kinda girl.. give me heat and sun. ( as I sit here listening to it pour down rain outside)

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Admin- International Adoption
mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I was actually born in Wisconsin and spent most of my childhood there... I'd kill to move back, lol.  I'd offer to trade houses if the winters in ND weren't 2x worse than Wisconsin's, LOL.

Quoting atlmom2:

I live in Wisconsin and I hate snow.  I have lived here 4 years and can't wait to move.  This year has been mild so far and I love it.  Tonight it all ends.  We will get an inch or less.  I hear the winter might be mild and I hope so.  These past couple winters have done me in.  2 years ago we had 99 inches.  Last year we had the bitter bitter cold. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)