Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what makes you feel tough?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM
  • 15 Replies

carring groceries and a child at the same time! take that! or.on the subjects of groceries, carring like 8 bags at once from the car to the kitchen. Theres really meaningful things too but i love starting these little posts even if only 4people reply. ;)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itscool2recycle
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM

okay heres a better one, staying positive and holding my moms hand all through her fight with breast cancer. and she won. ;) that makes both of us tough. 

miisha
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM

How about this. Bringing up the stairs 5 bags of groceries, our fast food dinner with drinks while holding ds's hand, cuz I know if I let him go he will run, oh and answering the phone at the same time.

Miisha
Elyce225
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I think this is the toughest anyone could ever be. Or when a parent has to be strong for their child who has cancer who they know are not going to make it but still makes their everyday worth living.

Quoting itscool2recycle:

okay heres a better one, staying positive and holding my moms hand all through her fight with breast cancer. and she won. ;) that makes both of us tough. 

Elyce225
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I don't have a child like that( I don't know if it came off that way).

For me personally I think that fact that I was diagnosed with lumbar scoliosis and a herniated lumbar disc. Everyday I get up and make sure the house is clean, my kids are taken care of, and have dinner for my husband when he gets home is what makes me tough. I am in the worst pain of my life but I don't want my kids to remember me being miserable so I always smile.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Tough: I've always been told I'm very tough....Through alot of training, I've always been physically fit and able to take down anyone, haha. But that's on the outside. Inside I'm a little girl in a big girls body.  

Strong: I have always thought well enough of myself to be able to dismiss all the toxic people in my life and not look back with regret.

itscool2recycle
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Elyce225:

I don't have a child like that( I don't know if it came off that way).

For me personally I think that fact that I was diagnosed with lumbar scoliosis and a herniated lumbar disc. Everyday I get up and make sure the house is clean, my kids are taken care of, and have dinner for my husband when he gets home is what makes me tough. I am in the worst pain of my life but I don't want my kids to remember me being miserable so I always smile.

you are a truely strong woman for sure! im serious! amazing!

Elyce225
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Thank you, but honestly its nothing compared to this.

Quoting itscool2recycle:

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I don't know about "tough", but multitasking like a crazy woman without actually acting like a crazy woman makes me feel super capable, LOL.  There are six kids in this house and three adults and sometimes things get a little chaotic, lol.  I guess just keeping calm, cool and collective makes me feel tough, lol.

itscool2recycle
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

I don't know about "tough", but multitasking like a crazy woman without actually acting like a crazy woman makes me feel super capable, LOL.  There are six kids in this house and three adults and sometimes things get a little chaotic, lol.  I guess just keeping calm, cool and collective makes me feel tough, lol.

thats should make you feel tough, i dont think i could deal with 6 six kids.

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Only four are mine, lol... the other two are our roomie's kiddos - cute as can be, but at that age where it's all go-go-go and no slow-slow-slow, LOL.

Quoting itscool2recycle:

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

thats should make you feel tough, i dont think i could deal with 6 six kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)