Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your kids watch Happy Tree Friends?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZSBbqpZ3I
If you haven't seen it go to the link above.  Now I want to tell you all that I have let my kids watch this.
Yep I let my two young kids watch this show, and they think it's hillarious. Now I know that I will be bashed and told how much of a bad mom I am and other horrible things. But with all the things that other women on this site do or let their kids do I dont think that letting my kids watch Happy Tree Friends is much worse than say, letting my kid walk home from school alone or leaving my kids alone in a bath tub, or even staying in an abusive relationship "because I love him".
I wonder how many of you out there are really brave enough to say that you do let your kids watch violent movies, or let your 7 year olds play Halo 3 on XBOX Live and dont watch them or listen to the language they are hearing.
So I am on here saying that I let my kids watch HTF, and they laugh their asses off at the things that happen to those animals.  Morbid and freaky to know they laugh at it but its also kind of funny.
So anyway, give your opinions and if you possibly can(I wonder if it might be too much to ask) try to be nice.

OH and I have my profile private because I really dont care to have mass emails telling me how horrible I am :)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
julie1218
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I  would not let my child watch that,just because I know my son and he would not like it. But all parents are different,and if that is the worst thing you do,then you are doing okay.

SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Iono my daughter isn't old enough to understand and some of them are fine to watch. I love the one where the moose cuts his own leg off with a spoon and like a fork or something and it's the wrong leg and the only this he has left is a paperclip and a rubber band. lol

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Never even heard about it, lol.

Elyce225
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Umm it sounds like you want to get bashed to start drama. Anywho, who cares what they watch. I don't think you are a horrible mom.

All4OneN1forAll
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM

That's just strange. is this cartoon targeted at adults? It doesn't seem any worse than "Ren & Stimpy" but I was never allowed to watch that crapola, don't really have the desire too either.

yeager_79
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I think it's a waste of time and not funny.  Why would you let your kids waste their time on that when there are so many positive things to watch and find hilarious - or spend their time doing besides watching tv.

Just because it's not "much worse than say, letting (your) kid walk home from school alone or leaving (your) kids alone in a bathtub, or even staying in an abusive relationship "because (you) love him", does that make it a good thing?  As a mom is it our job to protect and encourage our kids, or is it to just not be as bad as someone else?  Are you a bad mom? Not necessarily, but this certainly isn't the best for your child.

I agree with a previous post too that it seems like you're possibly looking to start drama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)