Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How rude!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:08 AM
  • 22 Replies

It would have been nicer to have scratched and ran than this... even though it is annoying when someone takes two spots, lol.

Someone scratched a Luzerne County woman's new car in the Lehigh Valley Mall parking lot and left her a note saying she deserved it for taking up two parking spaces, according to a Whitehall police report.

Township police called it an act of criminal mischief and listed damage of $150.

The nasty note, left on the passenger window of Jolene Kulaga's 2009 Acura TSX on Sunday, ended with a sarcastic holiday greeting, ''Merry Christmas,'' police said.

Kulaga, 24, of Drums said she was in the mall for about four hours Sunday and around 4 p.m. returned to her car, where she found the note that read ''Your $30,000 car isn't worth taking up two spaces'' in purple ink. She found a fresh scratch on the front quarter panel on the passenger side of the car, police said.

http://www.mcall.com/news/police/all-5note.7111579dec10,0,2029195.story

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I wouldn't do that but it ticks me off when someone takes 2 spots to "protect" their precious car.  Buy a less expensive one, or don't shop at a busy mall at Christmas when every spot is needed. 

NSeni
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM

why is she complaining? learn how to park, moron, and then you won't have that problem! 

CoeyG
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Frankly I think those mall "security" trucks should be able to ticket people who take up two places to park, especially during peak seasons...maybe hitting them in the wallet will wake them up. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Can't park right? Take the risk. 

SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:14 PM

for real!

and she's an ass for taking two spaces but that other person is an ass for scratching her car. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

and i just wanted to add that here in MN you can park on a snow covered parking lot where you can't see the lines, be in the mall or store for hours, and come out and the snow has melted or been salted and melted, the other cars around you have left, and your the jerk in two spots. Just saying.

Quoting CoeyG:

Frankly I think those mall "security" trucks should be able to ticket people who take up two places to park, especially during peak seasons...maybe hitting them in the wallet will wake them up. 

Men are the most horrible creatures honey, they will ruin your life you mark my words...

AngelCodysMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM

What I find more annoying than someone who takes up two parking spots, is "adults" who think that is a good enough reason to damage someone else's property.

boy n girlMommy to Angel Skye & Cody Alexander. Step Mommy to Alexis Roseblowing bubbles

gulfcoastmom4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM

It seems I hear something crime related in Luzerne County every day. I am in Northumberland County.

BabyJae
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM

She shouldn't of taken up 2 spots. She should of parked her car away from everyone else's car.My SO always parks his car all the way in the back by itself so he doesn't have to worry about that. I am too lazy for that lol

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I hate the idiots who can't drive or park correctly and dont care enough to try.

If you aren't parked correctly, accidents happen.

She got what she deserves.

wendyl006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Ok I am going to say this Not to defend her because she probably did it on purpose but do you remember the last time you pulled into a full parking lot only to find the only parking spot available was parked of kilter by the first idiot in the row? What I mean is the first person in the line parked on the line and the next slightly over farther and on and on.. then by the time you get to yours you are on top of 2 spots instead of 1. When the guy next to you leaves a new car pulls in not knowing that the whole damn row is out of whack they scratch your car and leave a nasty note ( if you are lucky enough to get one) and say it's your fault.

I doubt that she did it this way but at this time of year I am sure most if not all of us have seen this or had this happen to us even at your local grocery store.

Me, I drive a mini van and have more scratches on it from my kids bicycle handle bars and peddles from riding to close to it.

Like someone else in here said....If you are that worried about your over priced car getting hurt either park somewhere else or stay home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)