Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nicolas Cage sued for abuse... side note; he's broke???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

The abuse thing is financial and kind of stupid... but the side note in here: he's broke?  How does a person run through that much cashola??  Maybe "broke" in movie star terms isn't what "broke" means to me, lol.  I mean, I don't see him working at Burger King or anything, so he can't be scrounging for cash, kwim?

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/star_tracks/view.bg?articleid=1217621&srvc=home&position=also?1234

Nicolas Cage’s baby mama has sued the “Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans” star for “mental, physical and emotional abuse” after he threw her out of her house. Christina Fulton claims Cage bought her a house in 2001, but when she went to sell it this year, she learned that Cage had never transferred title, TMZ.com reports. In September, the Hollywood heavy served her with a 60-day notice to vacate the premises, said Fulton, who doesn’t otherwise specify the alleged “mental, physical and emotional abuse.” Cage is broke and suing his business manager Sam Levin, who, he claims led him down a path to financial ruin. Fulton is also suing Levin, claiming she’s in the hole for more than a million dollars in taxes because Levin didn’t take care of the liability. Cage’s lawyer, Marty Singer, termed all the allegations “absurd” and “baseless.”

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GOBryan
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:52 AM

When they say broke, it usually means that it's below their financial comfort zone. He did sell a house recently to pay for past taxes but he and his wife own several homes as I understand it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Michael Jackson was broke too.  I don't see how someone that made mega millions gets broke.  They over spend and do not save.  Its absurd. 

NSeni
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:57 AM

he is broke bc his financial advisor, or business manager, completely screwed him and obviously didn't know what the hell he was doing. it has nothing to do with Cage at all... as far as his wife goes, I think that she is just filing that shit on him bc he kicked her out of his house. She should be grateful that he even let her live there.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Although celebs look as if they are living the "high life" they have expenses the rest of us don't.  They have publisicits who have to be paid, managers, and agents who get a cut of their income as well, then you have the security people, personal aides, some have chefs, nannies, etc all who get a cut of the celeb's pay check.  By the time the Celeb gets it they pretty much clear what the rest of us working folk get.  So yeah, he could be broke.  

GOBryan
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Actually, Christina Fulton is the mother of one of his children, not his wife. He's married to some Asian chick who was a waitress at some restaurant he visited.

This is the wife:

Quoting NSeni:

he is broke bc his financial advisor, or business manager, completely screwed him and obviously didn't know what the hell he was doing. it has nothing to do with Cage at all... as far as his wife goes, I think that she is just filing that shit on him bc he kicked her out of his house. She should be grateful that he even let her live there.

mama_girl07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Hes probably boke like MJ was broke but was renting a house that cost 1 mil a month. So broke to them isnt the same as broke to us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)