Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas advice please :)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM
  • 1 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I get him the psp?

Options:

Let's be practical, he doesn't need it. NO

Yes get it! He would be really let down Christmas morning if you don't.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1

View Results

Ok, so all 3 (13,9,7)of my kids have a Nintendo DS.  They really enjoy linking them up and playing games together.  My oldest, now wants a PSP. Really the only time he plays the DS anymore is when he's playing with his brother and sister.  Money is tight this year... IF I get the PSP, he won't have as much to unwrap as the others... which I've explained and he understands and is okay with that. 

At first I was thinkning, he has a ds he doesn't need another game.  I was sticking to that. Practical; right?  But he's been BEGGING for a psp for MONTHS now and the begging has become more intense since about Halloween.  I remember a couple Christmases where I didn't get the ONE thing I REALLY REALLY wanted the most, becsause mom and dad didn't think I needed it... and I was absolutely CRUSHED.  I don't want him to have that let down.

I can afford the psp, but that takes a big chunk of the budget for his christmas.  Do I do the practical thing and not get it?  or do I just bite the bullet and do it?  What would you ladies do?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
margroc
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:44 AM

If you can afford it then I would get it.  If that takes up his whole budget for gifts, then so be it.  He'd probably be so delighted with the PSP that he wouldn't care. 

Just a suggestion - have you looked for it online?  I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and can find things much cheaper on there than in the stores.  If you ordered now you can still get it in plenty of time for Christmas.

A society which emphasizes uniformity is one which creates intolerance and hate.  - Pierre E. Trudeau

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)