• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts on "gift cards"?????

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have heard people say.."I don't want to get them a gift card...thats so impersonal"!

How about a 50 spot?

What would you rather get....gift cards     money   or a wrapped present that you may or may not like??

and Do you think gift cards are impersonal?

It's the Cafe..and thats where its happening!

Join us at The Cafe

Cafe Group Mod

come and join the fun......and you thought the Newcomers group was fun...Ha...

Do you love Christmas?

check this out.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sallymoon
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I LOVE gift cards... it's the gift of shopping!  Money is also good.  I don't find it impersonal, I find it practical.  To me it says, "I want you to get exactly what you want or need."

maciymommieof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM

that is exactly what I think.....Although I hate company's that charge a fee to buy a giftcard! Like Plaza Frontenac charges 3.50 to buy a gift card for their prestigious mall..

Quoting sallymoon:

I LOVE gift cards... it's the gift of shopping!  Money is also good.  I don't find it impersonal, I find it practical.  To me it says, "I want you to get exactly what you want or need."

It's the Cafe..and thats where its happening!

Join us at The Cafe

Cafe Group Mod

come and join the fun......and you thought the Newcomers group was fun...Ha...

Do you love Christmas?

check this out.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I love to give and get gift cards.  I think its the way of the world these days.  30-40 years ago, that generation (my parents, and my grandparents) would be appauled with gift cards. 

luv_my_xiya
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM

i dont get gift cards but if i did, i wouldnt mind at all...hopefully its one to target, lol...i would rather have cash

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

~*:*~ In need of unique jewelry? Check out www.missbfab.com ~*:*~ 

margroc
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I really enjoy making out my christmas shopping list and figuring out the perfect gift for each person.  I also really appreciate that someone has taken the time and the thought to chose a gift for me.  So, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I prefer thoughtful gifts.

A society which emphasizes uniformity is one which creates intolerance and hate.  - Pierre E. Trudeau

Marimaru
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I like getting and giving gifts, but I don't live near my family, so it's pretty impractical to travel with a bunch of gifts and travel home with a bunch of gifts, and I don't have the extra money for shipping in advance or whatever.  My whole family pretty much does gift cards.

Marimaru

Mommy of Isabelle Rose, born 10/11/2009

RheaF
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I think gift cards or money is fine. I know plenty of people who would rather get them, so they can go out and get something they really like instead of a gift that they may or may not want, may already have, or may not fit. 

Brattycakes
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I love getting gift cards almost as much as money! I don't like stuff, esp. stuff that I won't use or that takes up space :D

Pregnancy ticker

BabyJae
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I love gift cards and I love giving them, If I am really lazy I would just get someone a card and write them a check..

AngelaVega
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Quoting sallymoon:

AngelaVega: freelance writer, in love with my partner of 5 years, mom to 2 toddlers and stepmom to two teenage girls and boy/girl twins.
in lovetoddler boytoddler girltwin girlsboy n girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)