Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm freaking THRILLED!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:59 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying for MONTHS now to find a new apartment that I could afford, had all my needs and allowed my pets.  As of 10:30 this morning, I have found my new home.  I have signed the lease and gotten the keys.  It is all said and done and I'm so excited!!!!  The place I've been in for the last three years is a tiny two bedroom trailer with broken windows, no main source of heat and literally falling apart!!  There is exposed wiring, places in the floor that is seriously falling through and just totally inadequate for human life.  I admit, I let the place slip a little, but it wasn't great when I got it.  Being a single mother, I don't have the money to pay to keep it up. 

So a few months ago, I started looking for a new place.  I needed to have two or more bedrooms, a fenced in yard, off-street parking and the ability to have my current amount of pets.  (I have two large breed dogs and three cats, everyone has been fixed and no one makes "messes".)  It was very hard and there was one place that was PERFECT, I just didn't get it.  That still stings a bit.

Well, about two weeks ago, I found this place that is a duplex above a carport (off-street parking), fenced in back yard, two very large bedrooms, one and a half baths, and would accept all of my animals!!!  Last week, I paid first and last month's rent (with help from my hubby) and the security deposit was given today.  I signed the lease and have the keys!!  I'm so excited!  My boys are with their father until Saturday and that gives me PLENTY of time to move and unpack.  I've been packing for a week now so I have most of it boxed up already.  Wednesday, I'm renting a U-Haul with a trailer to move my hubby's current "project" (a 1962 Triumph Stag, very nice car and a classic from his native England!!!) and my cable and power will be switched over that day, too.  I just had to share the good news.  What a long struggle, but I did it anyway!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
maciymommieof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Yippe Skippy!

It's the Cafe..and thats where its happening!

Join us at The Cafe

Cafe Group Mod

come and join the fun......and you thought the Newcomers group was fun...Ha...

Do you love Christmas?

check this out.

SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Yay!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)