• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he didnt do nothing wrong (vent) (kindof long)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday while I was at work my dad and DD was walking my dog (my dad is my babysitter very cheap lol) well anyways the house up from me has these small dogs that he lets loose lets them run around anywhere they wanna go. When my dad went by the house 2 of the dogs started to run up to them barking and snapping yes snapping at DD and my dog I guess had enough and started to go after them himself yes he was barking and growling at them (before anyone ask he was on a leash). The man came outside to see what the fuss was all about he threaten to shoot my dog saying he was a mean dog and he does this and he does that uhm no he doesnt he stays in a fence then he proceded to tell my dad he was going to call the animal control on us dad told him to go ahead and do it cause Sabers is updated on shots and everything besides it was his dog that was snapping at DD for no reason and one of the dogs almost got her. Now there was an incident awhile back when I was walking him and this car pulled up full of young guys asking for directions Sabers must had sense something cause he started to growl and showing his teeth but that was the only time he had acted aggressive. My dog is truly a sweet nature dog plus he is so good with DD other then the dogs and the young guys incident  he has never been mean or acted aggressive to an animal or human and I take him out alot in the car he just loves riding. By the way he is a siberian huskey so whoever knows this breed knows they are not aggressive they are hyper. The man came to my house this morning still raising hell about it and I dont understand why  cause Sabers didnt bite none them but lucky for me my next door neighbor heard him yelling and cussing he came out and pretty much took care of the problem for me apparently he had witness what happen yesterday.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Your neighbor is a dick. Your dog wasn't on his property, didn't destroy any of his property, didn't bite his dogs, and was on a leash. even if your dog was deemed "aggressive" which it doesn't sound like he is, your doing everything properly to contain him.

HIS dogs however, would be free game. If your dog, on a leash, were to bite one of his dogs, off a leash, there wouldn't be anything to contest. He would be at fault because your dog was contained and his weren't.

Next time he threatens you tell him your going to call animal control the next time his dogs are loose. (of course if you dont' want to feed this budding feud I'd say just drop it and keep doing the responsible thing by putting your dog on a leash and keeping him inside a fenced in area. btw I'd check your fence for  the next few weeks in case your neighbor is crazy and does something to sabotage it to get to your dog. for real people are crazy) anyway all that sucks really. i'm sorry.

I loved my husky to death! they are great dogs! i hope this puts your mind at ease eventhough you weren't asking for advice. sorry. i'm long winded.

I'm a momma. It's my job to have an opinion and the answers.

brandneweyes
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Well technically if he didn't do nothing wrong, then he did do something wrong. Just saying...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)