Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm going nuts!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

I smell something in the house and don't know what it is. It isn't a smell like a kid could have left some food somewhere and it is rotting it is like a vinegar smell. Like somebody was making Easter eggs but I don't even have vinegar in the house right now. The kicker is nobody else smells it but it smells really strong to me. I have ripped apart the couch, sniffed everywhere even got down on hands and knees to sniff around and I don't know where it is coming from. I don't understand how nobody else can smell it and I'm the one with sinus problems in the house. Okay where are the nice men in the white coats what time can I expect them.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnitaVersion2.0
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM
It's probably a dead rodent. They stink to high-heaven but can be hard to pinpoint! Especially if it's in-between walls. Check any drop-ceilings and under/in any sofas or like furniture.
babyfat5
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM

nah when I was a kid there was one behind a wall and we couldn't figure out where the smell was from but construction on the house was going on and did finally find a dead mouse the smell I'm smelling is not that unforgettable smell. It was rank. This smell like vinegar and I'm the only one who can smell it.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Are you pregnant? I smelled weird shit when I was pregnant.

BaileynMe
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:20 AM

When we first moved in to our apartment several years ago (we're in a house now) our dog peed on the carpet. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the spot, and it never bothered me. BUT THEN, I got pregnant, and I almost couldn't sleep in my room because ALL I COULD SMELL was dog pee. NOBODY else could EVER smell it, and after those few weeks of that uber smell sensitivity were over, neither could I. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

wendyl006
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Hmm well I have a very strong sense of smell,always have. I was working on the second floor of the company I worked for and kept smelling anti freeze. I checked everywhere around my desk and asked everyone on the floor if they could smell it. Almost all of them looked at me like I was nuts. The smell was so strong it was making me sick to my stomach. I finally said something to floor manager and he had the maintenance guy check the air conditioner to see if maybe it was leaking or something. Nothing there but while he was on the roof he saw across the street in the auto shop one the people there had blown a radiator hose. he came in and said that there was nothing wrong on the roof but told me about across the street and put a piece of carpet along the bottom of the door and the smell stopped. He was amazed that I could smell that from across the street and inside the building.  I still have that problem today.

As for a vinegar smell,is there any old wine bottles in or around the house?? That turns to vinegar after the bottle sits open and there is only a few drops in the bottom. 

Oh I use vinegar to remove pet urine. It's the only thing that I have found that works, if you live in an apartment , maybe a neighbor used some or spilled it. 

Good luck finding it...let us know what you find...

LMWWilliams25
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Yeah I think you must have a dead mouse in the house or something. Those little boogers can be in a wall, in a heater, in your ceiling, they can be anywhere and everywhere. Call and exterminator, they can probably help you. If you're pregnant then that's why you can smell it, your sense of smell is heightened as I'm sure you know. Good luck finding the problem! 

Macysheryl
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Thank Goodnesss, its not just me! I smell a very clean smell, like a pine forest, you  know, mlike it smells when you go to a Christmas Tree place to buy a tree. I smell it year round mostly in my living  room, no one else smells it. I'm glad its a pleasant smell since I smell it 365!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)