Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rapist says Christian cellmate violated his human rights... by talking about God

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:31 AM
  • 20 Replies

Hmmm... human rights?  Do we have a human right to be chattered at?

AN atheist rapist has complained that his human rights were breached by having to share a prison cell with a Christian lag.

Barman Steven Relf, 40, was jailed indefinitely after admitting raping two women he targeted when he served them drinks in a pub.

Police branded him a "sexual predator" and said he could have had as many as 40 victims.

In a letter to an inmates' magazine, Relf wrote: "I recently had the displeasure of sharing a cell with a Bible-thumping believer."

A source said Relf was "furious" at having to share at Manchester Prison with the Christian convict and wanted him to be "evicted".

He said: "He moaned about how the guy wouldn't shut up about God. He said he wanted to speak to a lawyer about his rights so he could be moved cells."

The other inmate was later transferred.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamawmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Sad to say but he would probably win a lawsuit but if the inmate talked all the time about what fun he had raping those women or if he was a devilworshipper nothing could or would be done about it.

blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:16 AM

Quoting mamawmom:

Sad to say but he would probably win a lawsuit but if the inmate talked all the time about what fun he had raping those women or if he was a devilworshipper nothing could or would be done about it.

Exactly....

Renee21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:19 AM

Well, that would be annoying as hell. I suppose the guy complaining about it is as annoying as the bible thumper to some! If one wants to go on and on about god than I expect the other to go on and on about how annoying that is! It is funny to me that the bible thumper is in jail in the first place! LOL what for?

spamica
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM

If you want to be able to choose your own roomates then stay out of prison.

doublethejoy616
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:33 AM

I totally agree.

Quoting spamica:

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:49 AM

What a total bunch of BS.  They shouldn't be able to file lawsuits at all. 

AngelCodysMom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I think it's funny he complained that his human rights were being violated because he had to listen to someone talk about God. What about the human rights of the women he raped?

boy n girlMommy to Angel Skye & Cody Alexander. Step Mommy to Alexis Roseblowing bubbles

onefootcutiepie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Quoting spamica:

Exactly.

my2girls516
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:06 AM

IMO.... Freedom of speech.  The bible thumping  Christian can say anything he wants.

Quoting mamawmom:

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Crazy.

Quoting AngelCodysMom:

I think it's funny he complained that his human rights were being violated because he had to listen to someone talk about God. What about the human rights of the women he raped?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)