Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some opinions leave yours *updated* read post 21.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:57 AM
  • 22 Replies

I've always wondered about certain mother's opinions on certain topics and want to know why do they always go to war? Hear are some of them

• abortion
  • teen parent
  • spousal abuse
  • vaxinations
  • breast feeding
  • spanking children
  • goverment assistance
  • co-habitation
  • children sleeping in bed with thier parents

I know my views on all these things but I want to hear views from others and why. This is not a means of bashing view points so do NOT quote from anyone's comment to show your disagreement please. Just leave your opinion and have an open mind to see other options.

Patrice Janel

Wife to Lance 04/21/06  mother to L'Janel Jacel 11/04/06 and Lawrael J'lise 09/17/09

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
koolest_mom_of4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:09 AM

Quoting janel09:

I've always wondered about certain mother's opinions on certain topics and want to know why do they always go to war? Hear are some of them

• abortion / Not any of my business
  • teen parent /Not My business
  • spousal abuse/ Irritates me but again not my business unless theres something I can do to help the victim
  • vaxinations / My kids are vaccinated  everyone else not my business
  • breast feeding / Weirded out by extreme older child Breast feeding but not my business what anyone else does
  • spanking children/ Non Spanker brings back old memeries when i see someone spanking :(
  • goverment assistance / Not my business
  • co-habitation /like living with my parents ? thats a hell no for me but if it works for you guess what not my business
  • children sleeping in bed with thier parents/ Do it all the time my bed :) anyone else not my business
  • you forgot immigration lol

I know my views on all these things but I want to hear views from others and why. This is not a means of bashing view points so do NOT quote from anyone's comment to show your disagreement please. Just leave your opinion and have an open mind to see other options.

boyd-family
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:11 AM

I don't get angry at people I will never meet and honestly don't care about lol, though I do like a good debate. Here are my opinions on the topics.

abortion-  I am pro choice except when it comes to partial birth abortions. I think that is insanely wrong and I consider it MURDER whether you have a doctor do it or do it yourself!

teen parent- I do not believe age makes you a parent, just because someone had a baby at 15 does not automatically make them a bad person, or that they should feel ashamed of it. I know some teen moms who are honestly way more fit to be parents than people in their 20's and 30's!

spousal abuse- Wrong in both directions, but I also think that if your gonna hit a man then they have a right to defend themselves. 

vaccinations- I will vaccinate my child..... as well as circumcise

breast feeding- I think its great I plan on trying it, and hopefully it works for me. I also think that people should use a little more modesty when it comes to being in public.......Just because you feel empowered, and have the RIGHT to show it off not everyone wants to see it! 

spanking children- I believe in a swat on the butt every now and then, but I do not believe in belts or hitting to where it leaves a mark. I consider it violence, and it just teaches children to hit. 

government assistance- As long as you are not abusing it then I have no problem with it. 

children sleeping in bed with their parents- I see nothing wrong with it up until a certain age. After about 4 if its an every night thing then I would think maybe their might be something else wrong.

These are just my opinions, everyone is not going to agree, and that is fine, just know you PROBABLY wont change my mind!!!

CafeMom Tickers
sharisse
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:17 AM
  • abortion- Pro Choice.
  • teen parent - is a parent, thats all.
  • spousal abuse- poison to a family.
  • vaxinations- contain horrible things, but i use most of them.
  • breast feeding- its the best food for a child.
  • spanking children- it can be needed some times.
  • goverment assistance- a great thing for those who need it.
  • co-habitation-?
  • children sleeping in bed with thier parents- makes life easier, good bonding.
Ayla-bellesmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Quoting janel09:

• abortion- I'm extremely pro-choice. For any and all. For any reason.
  • teen parent-babies shouldn't have babies. Period. Hence my opinion on the first topic.
  • spousal abuse- I think it's very sad. For all involved really.
  • vaccinations- I'm on the fence.
  • breast feeding- I think that it's great. We all know it's best thing to do, but, I realize that there are situation that occur that are not conducive to breastfeeding, and that for many reason, many women do not, and I can respect that.
  • spanking children-Completely and totally against it. In every way.
  • government assistance-I think that if you need it, you should get it, and if you don't, get off it. I think that there are people who genuinely NEED that help, and then there are those who abuse it. I think the former could be anyone, and the latter is the very bane of our society..
  • co-habitation-I feel that everyone needs to live together before marriage. You'll never know someone entirely before living until you live together. And that's a fact.
  • children sleeping in bed with their parents- Fine and dandy with me. My daughter sleeps with us occasionally, when she needs to. I think it's cruel to refuse to allow a small, scared child to climb into bed with his or her parents in the night, just to make some ridiculous parenting point. People are stupid.

luvmyaustin
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:27 AM
  • abortion  YOUR CHOICE NOT MINE
  • teen parent  SEX AND TEENS DO NOT MIX WELL P.S. I WAS A LATE TEEN MOM
  • spousal abuse  NOT TOLLARATED
  • vaxinations  MY BABIES ARE ALL FULLY VAXED
  • breast feeding  DO SO IF YOU HAVE THE WILL
  • spanking children  IMO..... PARENTS THAT CHOOSE THIS FORM OF DISCLIPLINE ARE COWARDS SORRY TO ALL
  • goverment assistance  IT IS THERE FOR ALL WHO TRULY NEEDS IT
  • co-habitation  HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME ANSWERING THIS I NEED MORE INFO
  • children sleeping in bed with their parents NOT SAFE NO MATTER WHAT

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Quoting janel09:

• abortion:  I'm pro choice - it's your body, who am I to say what you can and can't do with it?  Although I do wish more women would consider adoption instead.
  • teen parent:  Ugh...birth control girls BIRTH CONTROL!  There is no reason for a teenager to have a baby these days other than pure ignorance or irresponsibility.  Hey, if a girl gets prego and wants to keep it and has the support and resources to do so responsibly then great but I do NOT agree with girls having a baby and dumping it on their moms to raise so they can go back to their lives.
  • spousal abuse:  Umm...I don't get this one....is there anyone who agrees with this??  I don't think so!  Nobody has the right to abuse another person, whether it's their spouse, kid, parent, etc.  We have laws and I happily enforce them when it comes to this crap.
  • vaxinations:  It's vaccinations actually lol...and I am all for them.  I got them, and my kids are getting them.
  • breast feeding:  Is a choice to be made by the mother.  I feel that it's great if you can do it but there is too much pressure put on women who don't want to or can't.  My twins were premies and I did what I could for them pumping and actually managed to BF my DD for awhile but it just got to be too much and I had to stop.  And that doesn't make me a bad mother and those who think that can bite me.
  • spanking children:  If it works for the parent and gets the point across then sure.  Don't mistake spanking with abusing though.  And I won't spank my kids unless it's the only option left.
  • goverment assistance:  I've never needed it but it's there for people who do.  I think people who abuse it should be shot and pissed on though....
  • co-habitation:  I guess I'm dumb or it's just way too late here but what ABOUT it exactly?
  • children sleeping in bed with thier parents:  I wouldn't do it with my kids.  Never have never will but that is MY choice...other parents do what works for them.

boyd-family
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:40 AM

Quoting Allergic2Stupid:

goverment assistance:  I've never needed it but it's there for people who do.  I think people who abuse it should be shot and pissed on though....

That made me lol. I agree!

CafeMom Tickers
LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:44 AM
  • abortion- Pro life. I think there are millions of people that would love to have that baby. I think they deserve a chance in life. I know its always going to be legal, so I think at least the man should have a say so to, if he proves himself to be able to do what he can to support and wants to be there. And I think if he wants her to have an abortion and she don't then he should be able to sign away all rights and not have to pay child support.
  • teen parent- I was a teen mom, I became pregnant at 14 had him a few months after I turned 15. I think no matter the age you can be a great parent. I've always been very very independent. I've lived on my own since I was 17 not on any assistance graduated HS, in college full time, work full time and I'm a single mom. I know a lot of people in their 20s and 30s that are awful and don't have their heads screwed on anywhere near straight. I think I'm doing an awesome job for the circumstances and I wouldn't suggest it to ANY teenager or person who is not ready, but I feel it happens for a reason and you shouldn't kick someone when they are down but support them and if you have been there you should use your experiences and strengths to help another... So..
  • spousal abuse- I don't think a man should be abusive in any way shape or form to a woman, but neither should a woman be abusive in any way to a man..? If it's going on I don't care what reasons you come with, one should definently get out.
  • vaxinations- i vaxinate my son, and if I have other children I am sure I will. Maybe. I think the whole swine flu thing was... well we won't discuss it.  
  • breast feeding- didn't breast feed, wish I had. I will try with my next. I don't think I or anyone else has the right to judge or be a biotch to someone else who don't breast feed and would rather bottle feed though.  
  • spanking children- I believe in spanking 100% and I think thats whats wrong with A LOT of kids.  
  • goverment assistance- I think it's a crutch to most people, I think its different when you sincerely need it and are doing what YOU can.  
  • co-habitation- I think you should live on your own before you live with a partner. My reasoning behind this is that you never know what could happen, split up, death, whatever. I think it's important to know how to live on your own, support yourself and children and be strong and be able to stand on your own. But I think once you're on your own for awhile and you know how to I don't really see whats wrong with it. In a lot of ways I want to move into a seperate place with my SO or whatever that neither of us have lived in so it feels more like OURS than he moved in with me, i with him or whatever? And after you live together and then get married, whats the magic of getting married? But I don't have anything against it. Would do it.
  • children sleeping in bed with thier parents- I just got my son out of my bed maybe 5 months ago... lol he's 5. I miss him!! I think if you can avoid it at a baby age, DO IT. If they have bad dreams or something, thats different too. But again, I have nothing against it =)
  •  

LuvmySFSGT
    by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Some things I am passionate about because I have had experiences with it...

pageantgirl3
    by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Quoting janel09:

• abortion I am a Christian and I do believe that a baby is a life at the point of conception. I have also seen the pictures of an aborted baby and a video of a real silent cry. I do not judge though but I personally am prolife
    • teen parent I feel bad for those that do not get a childhood. Children are a great responsibility. However, some teen moms make the best moms, and once again I do not judge.
    • spousal abuse It is controlling and brain washing. These poor women do not think that they can get out of the situation and NO WOMAN deserves to be hit. I am a child of a victim which also makes me a victim. It was rough, but we got out of it.
    • vaxinations It is up to the parents. I will not give the flu shot but my kids are vaccinated for everything else.
    • breast feeding It is the best for the child but not all women think that its possible to not be able to BF. My kids rejected my milk. In other words, they kept nothing from it and were losing weight. It was not healthy for my kids to continue and the doctor even said that I make bad breastmilk.
    • spanking children I've been hit and I wish that on no one. I will not bring back my experience with abuse and spanking reminds me of it. However, sometimes a kid does need a smack on the hand.
    • goverment assistance I don't like those that can do something about not being on it but those that need it, need it. I don't care.
    • co-habitation I do not judge a persons choice.
    • children sleeping in bed with thier parents My bed is for my husband and me. I believe that it does cause issues in the sex life esp. if the kids sleep in bed every night. We are very active. The only time kids get in our bed is if they are really sick. I don't care what other people choose. I just know that we have sex a lot and I don't want the kids to come between that or see it.

Heather: We have a great informational call on how to lose weight on January 10th. PM me if you are interested.
    Married/got engaged to your S/O less than a year after you started dating? click here!

in lovetoddler boybaby girl

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)