Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help!!!!!!! (Scratched myself raw and its getting worse!)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 AM
  • 10 Replies

This is my first pregnancy.. Im currently at 41 weeks, according to my estimated due date (could be off by 3 weeks in either direction, since my first ultrasound was so late) I was always fairly thin pre-belly.. now that I've gained over 50 lbs due to being super-pregnant as well as that I quit smoking in my first/2nd trimester..  the skin on my belly is stretched to hell!!  It itches SOOOO horribly, Ive scratched my belly under my bellybutton raw, and about ready to make it bleed.

I know its bad to keep scratching, but I just cant stop, even though its gotten to the point that it HURTS to scratch now.. I am constantly putting  Curel Ultra Healing 24 Hour, and Palmer's cocoa butter (with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, and Collagen Elastin) on. I even just soaked my belly in a warm bath doused with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Oil (with Vitamin E), rubbed more of the oil on, followed by the Curel, and broke down and put a little of Lanacane (anti-itch medicine) at my fiances constant suggestion, (all with in the last 30 mins) and its still itching like crazy! 

I dont know what else I can do.. does anyone have any suggestions??  Please, Im going crazy!!

Braelyn Marie was due on 12/27/09.. shes being to stubborn to come herself, so the doc ran tests on 12/28/09 to see if its safe to induce.. I WANT MY BABY

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Try rubbing hard instead of scratching.... if everything you're doing is failing, that might be the only thing to get you through without wounding yourself :(.  Call your doc and see if he/she can give you something?

missjenna21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:40 AM

If that was me and I was that bad I would be at the doctor.. Oh and really though scratching causes stretch marks.. Your 41 weeks go they will prob induce u..

onecuteladybug2
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Could it be PUPPS?

Zanny
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I'll bet you're having a boy too!!  My sister in law had the SAME thing happen to her, and come to find out, it is a fairly common side effect to happen... The Itchies.. She had some  sort of prescription cream..

Hopefully, you'll go into Labor Soon, and have that baby, and your itchies will go away

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Only wash with Aveeno soap, and use sensitive skin, anti-itch Aveeno lotion on it. 

maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

and bathe in Avenno bath soak.....that helps!

Quoting EireLass:

Only wash with Aveeno soap, and use sensitive skin, anti-itch Aveeno lotion on it. 

Click the Pic..and have some fun!

maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

PUPPP usually begins in the third trimester and is more common among women carrying twins and those having their first baby. The eruptions usually show up first on the abdomen around or in stretch marks (if you have any) and may spread to your thighs, buttocks, and arms. PUPPP is harmless for you and your baby, but it can itch like crazy!

Your doctor or midwife will want to see you for a diagnosis and will probably prescribe a topical ointment to give you some relief. She may also recommend an antihistamine. In severe cases, you may need a course of oral steroids

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

Could it be PUPPS?

Click the Pic..and have some fun!

1sttimema_808
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

if you can find anything that has cocnut oil in it, it should help a lot. my tummy is growing at a constant fast rate thanks to me having twins and it works

supermom0094
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Try A&D ointment

tericared
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Call your doctor to see if he or she can recommend something...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)