Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training. Need Some Help Please!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

Let me fist start off by saying this little girl is my fourth child so you would think I knew what I was doing.  Yea right.  So we started potty training on Friday she will be three the 23 of January she started off great the first day the second she peed her pants all day I take her to the potty every half hour and she still peed them but she did poop in the potty three times.   Today she has peed her pants and she just thinks it is funny. I have done rewards such as treats every time she goes and even a little princess doll if she goes in the potty all day.  I don't remember my other Kids being this difficult or maybe I just don't remember (there is a five year gap between her and my son). Should I keep going  do you think maybe she is not ready.  I really need some help I am so frustrated.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momatippie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Bump

momatippie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Bump

tericared
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I really dont know.  Just wanted to bump this up for you...Maybe she just isnt ready,,,but I for sure would not give up...Might give her the wrong message.... 

momatippie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Thanks and thanks for the bump

momatippie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Anyone else please

missjenna21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Well you need to make a big deal out of going potty.. like before u go pee... Say it a couple of times with excitment and then run to the bathroom and tell her to come with and to hurry.. Then when ur done say I PEED I PEED... and tell her to look.. keep doing it till she starts going.. Take her EVERY 45 min regardless if she goes or not.. And if she does pee make a big deal again.. Be like OMG you peed in the potty I am so proud of you!! She will have accidents mine did.. She peed in her panties all day.. Dont get frustrated it will pay off trust me.. Just say oops.. we got to pee in the potty and continue to make a big deal when u have to go.. My daughter got it down in a week and she is 2 and a couple months..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)