Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What makes you a Christian?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

We had a Missionary from Brazil we support at our Church.  I really appreciated his message.  This is one of the things he asked.  After I find my notes I will share them with you.

Please NO bashing or unecessary rude comments ?  I'm honestly curious.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Hmmm interesting to see some answers !!

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and have accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. 

blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM

To accept God's will in your daily life. To love Him w/ your whole heart * mind * soul. Deny thyself....take up thy cross & follow Me says the Lord~     

CoeyG
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Aamy:

Hmmm interesting to see some answers !!

Well so far only three Christians?  This is interesting...

kalesmommy
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:26 AM
If you believe and follow Christ's teachings.
glitterteaz
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I am not christian but I was told it was by accepting jesus as a saviour and the bible as the law of mankind

NoSlippy
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross in my place and I have accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.

cowgirlsr2
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:42 AM

I give all my faith, heart, and soul to the greatest men ever.Jesus and God

mamawmom
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Nothing I have done has made me a Christian.It was a free gift of God of his son Jesus Christ .All I had to do was to accept this gift.Jesus was sent to replace the law of the old testament.Thats why Christians reference the New Testament most of the time.Just threw that in because I have seen that question thrown out here so much as to why Christians quote the N.T.so much and ignore the O.T.Its not that we ignore it,its that the N.T.was written by men chosen by God for us to live by after Jesus was born.Not to take anything away from the O.T.

Aldea
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Thank you, I appreciate those who answered kindly .  And to those who answered with contempt you really look foolish.  But I take some things into consideration.

we rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)