Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bakers! Help Me Please!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

My recipe calls for a cup of oil.  I want to substitute some applesauce for the oil.  How much can/should I substitute for oil in my zucchini bread?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:06 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_4919485_substitute-applesauce-oil-baked-goods.html

Follow your recipe just like always, except when you get to the step where you add oil. If the recipe calls for 1 cup of oil, cut that in half and use one-half cup of oil, and one-half cup of applesauce instead. Depending on what the recipe calls for, just cut that in half and do half oil and half applesauce. It's that easy.

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I also found this

Substitute applesauce for your vegetable oil, one for one. For example, if you recipe calls for 1/2 cup of oil, substitute 1/2 cup applesauce in its place.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4535777_substitute-applesauce-oil.html

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

Raintree
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Substitute equal parts.

valkay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:58 AM

When I sub I use the amount of oil the same in apple sauce.   Make sure it is unsweetened. 

angelsmom94
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 9:14 PM

you can actually omit the oil from most baking.  I found this out by letting my daughter make some brownies by herself.  She was I think only 10 and I let her go into the kitchen and make them herself.  After she got them in the oven she said "awh shoot I forgot to add the oil".  I told her that they may be a bit dry, but it would be okay.  BOY was I wrong.  They were the best brownies we have ever had.  I never add oil to my brownies now.  Plus it cuts the fat almost out.  give it a try.  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)