Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast abscesses? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

A few months ago, I had a medium pimple looking abscess underneath my right breast, it hurt really bad and pussed.  My OB/GYN looked and said it probably isnt a worry but if it happens again we will look more into.  I have another large on top of  left breast now... Its bigger, and hurts alot worse than the other, Im calling the doctor first thing in the morning.  Chances are it is just a bacterial infection of some sort, but I read on a few websites that abscesses usually occur in breastfeeding women, which I have never done.  It then proceeded to say that abscesses in non-BFing women could be a form of breast cancer...  Now I know Im probably just being super paranoid, but Im sure when you hear the big BC, it is a very VERY scary thought... Now Im freaked out.. and it HURTS SOOO bad!!!!

Has anyone else have this? 

Chris and Jess  in love   Aiden Christopher toddler boy

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Aldea
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:54 PM

When I was breastfeeding I would get breast infections.  Close to an abscess.  I know it sounds weird, but put some cabbage leaves in your bra.  It relieves the pain tremendously !  And the enzymes in the leaves are supposed to help heal.  The colder the better.

Hope it helps,  temporarily till you see the Dr.

acissejessica
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I have fibrocystic breasts, but this is lumps in my breasts, that are not cancerous. I do not know if this could some how be related to what you have. My stepmom has breast cancer and she said it didnt hurt. She said out of all the women in her support group, maybe 1 of the ladies breast cancer presented with pain. she told me (because when I first  had alot of lumps i was scared but they hurt like hell) that the doctor said in the case of wether or not a woman has breast cancer, feeling pain is usually a good sign

I'm Slow

jkleinman
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Sounds like boils to me.  I get them when I'm stressed, just not on my breasts.  I recommend a drawing salve for it.  It won't ease the pain, but it will draw it out faster, get it to burst, start draining, and than heal.  I could be wrong though.  See what your dr says in the morning.  Good luck.

onecuteladybug2
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:50 PM

My younger sister refused to breastfeed and in the past 6 years, she has been hospitalized 3 or 4 times for surgical procedures to fix absesses. The last time the surgeon did something wrong and caused her breast to become malformed. She now has to have reconstructive surgery... I have never heard anything that said that a woman who breastfeeds is more prone to infections.

Marimaru
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:51 PM

I would get what I call boils on mine before I ever had a baby.  I haven't had one in quite some time, so it's probably coincidental that I haven't had one since I've been breastfeeding (12 weeks), I'm sure I'll get more in the future.

Generally you are not supposed to, but I lance them if they last very long.

Marimaru

Mommy of Isabelle Rose, born 10/11/2009

cowgirlsr2
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I have fibrocystic breast and I have had 3 surgeries one 1 breast in 1 place.I have a place on the other were 1 ruptured after I had my daughter that was pain. I have 1 left size of a pea I refuse to have removed to due the way care for them here after surgery.I have cyst in other place and they give me antibiotics but they dry up and come right back.They don't lance ones right below the skin here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)