Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any nurses or medical people out there?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

I do have a college degree. But its in animal science.

My question is - how many ribs are we supposed to have and do men really have one more rib then women?  

My Gram told me that yesterday. That Men have one more rib than women.  Somebody told me that before too but I'm thinking - its not true?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
USMCBride08
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM

no. we all have the same amount of ribs

lol

thats just a thing from the bible, you know, adam gave his rib to eve. LOL i didnt think anyone believed that for REAL.

we have 12 

and yet, with a face like that, can one truly ever be mad???  I love my little boy!!!

tristansmom74
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Quoting USMCBride08:

no. we all have the same amount of ribs

lol

thats just a thing from the bible, you know, adam gave his rib to eve. LOL i didnt think anyone believed that for REAL.

we have 12 

thanks!  I told her that Adam and Eve didn't have belly buttons either but we do.  She is in her 70's and truely believes that men have more ribs than women. And I'm not gonna tell her otherwise.

Mojitomommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM

We have 24 rids . 12 on each side .

babyfat5
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM

not a medical person but I took a lot of human anatomy classes in college and we were never taught that one gender had more than another when it came to ribs. I really think that would be something I'd remember. I believe it is 7 true ribs (connect directly to the sternum) 5 false ribs (connect with cartilage to sternum) and 2 I think floaters that don't connect at all.

USMCBride08
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM

shes right i meant to put 12 pairs lol

Quoting Mojitomommy:

We have 24 rids . 12 on each side .

and yet, with a face like that, can one truly ever be mad???  I love my little boy!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)