Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

are you skinny but have a little pooch belly?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM
  • 9 Replies

my sister gained a bunch of weight REALLY quick with her dd, who is 6 now. She was up to 260 or so and now she is 5'11 and under weight by 9 lbs (not sure how much that is she wont tell me) ANYWAY, because she gained so much weight so quickly, now that she is skinny shes got this little (she calls it a) pooch. Her dd calls it her joey pocket! (joey, as in where a baby kangaroo would go) Anyway, anyone else have this? Anything you can do about it? I think my sister is losing weight to the point of it being UNHEALTHY because she is so ashamed of her little "pooch". I just want her to be happy, I mean she is sooo beautiful and it just makes me sad to see her so obsessed. Anyone have this and know what to do about it?

<-- Bad Mood mamas group. Click to JOIN!

I'm Slow

by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Pilates

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Yes, I also have the "joey pouch"! Sounds so much cuter than the muffin top! That is my only problem area, except that the "girls" are moving south....I'm also 41 so I'm holding up fairly well.My sister is like your sister and she is NEVER happy with her size. She's teeny tiny and gorgeous so I think she's nuts.

I'm saving for the AB Coaster!  It looks awesome! But it's $400!!!!

BabyJae
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Thankfully no!!
acissejessica
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 11:09 AM

we have the ab coaster.... its under my bed. i havent used it once!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Yes, I also have the "joey pouch"! Sounds so much cuter than the muffin top! That is my only problem area, except that the "girls" are moving south....I'm also 41 so I'm holding up fairly well.My sister is like your sister and she is NEVER happy with her size. She's teeny tiny and gorgeous so I think she's nuts.

<-- Bad Mood mamas group. Click to JOIN!

I'm Slow

motherofthree81
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM

The uterus is a muscle and after having a child its stretched and needs to be put back in place and has to be worked, usually within 24-48 hrs is best. But she can still massage it and maybe get it to strengthen and get back down and tight.

But a little pooch wont kill her lol, and she may be loosing it all wrong and be unhealthy. Hope not.The body is great and yes should be cared for and looking good is feeling good, but not to the unhealthy point. hang in there.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Yes I do, the crazy thing is my hips and legs are the thinnest they have ever been but I have my belly. I also had my kids when I was in my mid 30s and also 18 months apart ontop of a thyroid problem so I guess I really should not complain, LOL!
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Pilates is free. I started older than you, and it's amazing.

AmaliaD
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM

pilates, yoga and ad rollers are teh way to go.  my family all gains weight in the tummy,  after having 2 boys yes i have a gut... i call it my gut.  and i have been working with the ab roller since new years and it looks way better.  alsoif you have c sections, that is something that can happen when you muscles move back,  like you are never 100% the same again.. others with a c section dont ahve the issue, i really dont know if it is true but i have heard it in many settings.

SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I'll vote for this. Pilates is amazing!

Quoting EireLass:

Pilates

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)