Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How Do I Clean Scout??

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok my daughter has My Pal Scout (and violet lol) but Scout has seen better days. He's covered in food and dirt stains. I spot clean him with warm water and some soap but it's not enough to get the stains out. I can't submerge him or get him to wet because he's electronic.

anyone have any advice on what to use on a stuffed animal to get stains out? Again it has to be kid safe cause I can't rinse it.

thanks

oh and incase you didnt' know what it was this is scout...

I'm a momma. It's my job to have an opinion and the answers.

by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallentears1986
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I have no clue how to clean scout of violet. I know what they are though cause my daughter has violet. Can you take the battery pack out maybe? Sorry I'm not much help!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
graciejoe
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

There's this stuff.  I've never used it, but I read some good reviews on it a couple years ago.

SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Oh wow! that's awesome thanks for the link to it!

Quoting graciejoe:

There's this stuff.  I've never used it, but I read some good reviews on it a couple years ago.

I'm a momma. It's my job to have an opinion and the answers.

jjessers
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Have you tried OxyClean ?

Either the real brand Oxyclean...or CLorox Oxi Magic stain remover/fighter also works well...we have a 2 yr old and 2 dogs. I find it has been workign VERY well..compared to other products I have tried. . It works on clothes and carpets and other stuff too. I would jsut to a test patch in the back or something .

kate-kup
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Does anyone have any ideas on if this will work for poop as well?
i put my daughter to bed with violet because of the lullaby setting. she got really bad diharea today and it got all over one of violets ears and a little on her paw. its not covered in it but i dont want to take any chances with this.
this has happened once before when she had her fisher price dog which is similar but doesn't do as much. i had to throw it out in the end because we couldnt find a way to sanitize it properly. we replaced it with violet which is great but i dont want to have to get a new violet or throw out her favorite toy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rene123
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:00 AM

throw him away. i hated my daughters scout lol

maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM

how about either of these?

Gentle Clean Multi-Surface Spray

Gentle Clean Multi-Surface Spray

Dreft Gentle Clean Multi-Surface Spray is formulated to effectively clean the surfaces your child touches, which means pretty much everything. Everywhere. All the time. Like toys, glass, counters and super-expensive things they shouldn’t touch but do anyway.

Buy Now
  • Dreft Laundry Stain Remover

Dreft Laundry Stain Remover

It’s true: Stains prevent people from telling you how cute your baby is. That’s why Dreft Laundry Stain Remover has an advanced cleaning formula that can help lift stains and odors from infant and children clothing and fabrics, so your little cutie can look its super-cutest.

Buy Now
  •  

RachelRoss
    by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    bump

SunnyJoJo
    by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    1 mom liked this

oh my goodness, look at my old siggy and how adorable the nugget was!
    How did someone even find this post from back in 2010? 

Barabell
    by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Go to a pet store and then head down the cat litter isle. You can find products with bio enzymes that break down bodily fluids. It will cost around $10-15 for a bottle. Read the back to make sure it has bio-enzymes in it, otherwise it just covers up the smell instead of actually breaking down and cleaning the bodily fluid. I have cats and always keep this on hand, and I found that it works great on kids' throw up as well as fur balls. Just follow the instructions on the back of the bottle. The products are not harsh either.

Quoting kate-kup:

Does anyone have any ideas on if this will work for poop as well?
    i put my daughter to bed with violet because of the lullaby setting. she got really bad diharea today and it got all over one of violets ears and a little on her paw. its not covered in it but i dont want to take any chances with this.
    this has happened once before when she had her fisher price dog which is similar but doesn't do as much. i had to throw it out in the end because we couldnt find a way to sanitize it properly. we replaced it with violet which is great but i dont want to have to get a new violet or throw out her favorite toy.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)