Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

barbies/bratz?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 25 Replies

do your kids have these? my sister called and told me she was disapointed that i bought her kid a barbie. I dont understand why. Bratz, I think those are plain ugly, but barbies? what the heck is wrong with a barbie?

*WARNING*BadMoodMommas!  <--click to join!

I'm Slow

by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by Angie on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM

nothing...barbie is an icon and will be forever.....

maciymommieof3
by Angie on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Quoting acissejessica:

do your kids have these? my sister called and told me she was disapointed that i bought her kid a barbie. I dont understand why. Bratz, I think those are plain ugly, but barbies? what the heck is wrong with a barbie?

fallentears1986
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I will let my DD play with whatever toy she wants. I think prohibiting them to play with toys that are not politically correct can do just as much damage as letting them play with the damn things. My friend the other day said if she had a girl she wouldnt let her play with baby dolls cause it teaches her to wnat to be a mother at a young age. I think thats crap! If you put those thoughts in there head then maybe but letting play with a freaking baby doll will not make them young mothers, just MHO!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
NSeni
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM

i would have told her to take that barbie turn it sideways and stick it up her candy ass. how ungrateful. you NEVER tell a person that got your kid a gift that you didn't like it.. that is just rude. Next time, don't buy her kid anything. Then she will have nothing to say... talk about ungrateful.

CoeyG
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM

They didn't have the Bratz dolls when my daughter was young however, she wasn't interested in Barbie either.  My ex's sister in law used to try and "force" the issue every gift giving occasion.  She would purchas the doll, We had the jeep, the town house and "hot tub".  There were the clothes, the shoes, the accessories and once a year the would wind up in our garage sales barely touched.  I kept trying to get it through this woman's head that my daughter wasn't a "Barbie Girl". 

The things that interested our daughter was her erector set, lincoln logs, legos, race car set, her remote controlled jeep. 

As far as what is "wrong" with Barbie...she's become a Bimbo.   

haileysmama05
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM

yeah i love barbies! i think bratz dolls are ugly too.

KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Bratz are not allowed in our home but Barbies are. However i am very selective about the clothes that we buy for them because some of them are inappropriate in my opinion.

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:26 PM

did you ask her what was wrong with barbie?

Beth5289
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Bratz are not allowed in our home but Barbies are. However i am very selective about the clothes that we buy for them because some of them are inappropriate in my opinion.

This is what we do too!

Beth

torttia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM

My son playing with barbies on Christmas :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)