Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The chocking or passing out game.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

I know kids have tried this for years now but I understand its become a party game for teens now.I looked it up after seeing it mentioned on a moms profile page.If you have preteens or teens you may want to be aware of this.The lack of oxygen gives them a short high but is very dangerous and some kids have died from this game.I googled 'the chocking game'and it tells you teen talk to be aware of.Kids think they are invincible and until they grow up enough to use good sense,we moms and grandparents have to stay on top of things.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM

It was pretty popular especially for the middle school age kids 6-8 years ago.  It might still be.  My girls knew kids that did it, "to leave school early", ugh.  Dumb kids. 

gardenchic
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:06 AM

this game makes me sick, it is very dangerous! and very popular!

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I remember doing that as a teen.  One of my friends stayed past out to long and looked like she as having a seizure.  I am pretty sure she did.  We never did it again after that, but we didn't tell anyone either.

We didn't do it by wrapping something around our necks like a lot of kids are doing these days.

I certainly don't want my kids trying it.   

wissotamum
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Is that the game where you hyperventilate, then hold your breath while someone presses on your carotid arteries til you pass out?  Yep, did that at slumber parties a loooooong time ago.  Amazing any of us make it to adulthood.

Raintree
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Friend of mine did it in home-ec class while we were sewing. The teacher was completely clueless. Bizarre.

My kids are going to have very boring teen years. They can like it or lump it, for all I care. Rather have them alive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)