Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rollercoaster relationship

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

hey moms, i am 25 with a two year old, I live with my sons father and our son......Lately my relationship with my sons dad has been so up and down....from the get go we would argue alot but with the stress of a two year old and only living off onw income its even worse.....we even fight in front of our son sometimes and he gets upset.....so this is my dilemma, some weks i feel happy and content with him and then the next week i cant stand anything about him, i dont even want to be near him.....I have threatened to leave him countless times and sometimes I feel like I should just leanve him and get my own place and just be a single mom....I graduate from nursing school in may and could afford to get my own place and live on my own very comfortably.....but then I start to think that thats not the right choice and I should stick it out with him......He is a great father, works so hard to support us, cooks, cleans, and would do anything for his family, but we just dont seem to get along anymore. I dont want to set out on my own and be single and then regret my choice to leave him......i am just so confused! Any advice would be most appreciated

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hatinnd
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Not trying to dis you - you sound like me.  I finally was diagnosed as bieng bipolar!  Apparently I'm addicted to the drama.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I would get counseling - look into low cost options in your area. Maybe a local church. You need to figure out what is going on with yourself and then you and your mate can work with each other.

Randi02
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM

If he is such a great guy, and would do anything for his family... why would you want to give that up? Why wouldn't you try to work with him?

It sounds like the problem is you. Each week, how you feel about him changes. You said that you are under financial stress, but that will get better when you are finished school. Wouldn't you want to share that with a partner and your child? Why not try and work on things until you're finished school and have started a new job?

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one one the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

PeaceMomma17
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I am actually already diagnosed bipolar and taking lamictal for that.....I am glad I posted this because I feel like I am losing my mind sometimes, and its nice to know that this could be realted to my mental health problems. I see a therapist and so does he...so we are doing everything we can to try and make it work....but I guess more than anything its me feeling like grass is greener on teh other side.

hatinnd
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Funny what you said about the grass always greener - that's how I feel no matter WHO I'm with!!   I'm 47 and my longest relationship lasted 6 years.   I'm fine with it, I think some people just aren't cut out for the 'happily ever after' deal!   I couldn't imagine being with the same person for year after year after year after year...........    Blechhh!! 

glitterteaz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:03 PM

He does shit around the house and he is a good dad? ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY!!!!!! What you have there is a catch!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)