Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I spoiling him if...?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so here is the story.  Yesterday when i got off of work I brought home a smoothie.  N when i bring food home, I always make sure its enough for me and my son.  Well yesterday I brought home a smoothie.  I was letting him drink from it, and he acted like he was done so i put it up on the table (where i was sitting), and it ended up being he wasn't finished.  So I took it off the table n gave him some more.  Well one of my fiances friends was like..."and you aren't spoiling him."  Does anyone see where i'm spoiling him if he was hungry?  N the one thing about this smoothie is it is made with yogurt, n its healthy for him. 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM

All 4 of my children are spoiled rotten..I don't care...At least they know I love them and they love me for it...Nowt wrong with spoiling your kids! 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

FortWorthMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I really dont see how giving him some more to drink is spoiling him. And any normal parent would make sure that they have enough food for the family when taking food home. If you didnt want to feed the rest of the family what you are eating then either dont get it or eat it before you get home. But not i dont call that being spoiled.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:01 PM

What a joke.  Buying your kid a smoothie is NOT spoiling them. 

LovinCambree
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Quoting FortWorthMomma:

I really dont see how giving him some more to drink is spoiling him. And any normal parent would make sure that they have enough food for the family when taking food home. If you didnt want to feed the rest of the family what you are eating then either dont get it or eat it before you get home. But not i dont call that being spoiled.

I agree FortWorthMomma. I always make sure that if I'm bringing food home there is enough for everyone there. I personally think that if your child is hungry or thirsty then they should eat or drink. I don't see that as spoiling your child, I see that as parenting. And I'm not against spoiling your child(ren) either. LOL my daughter is 17 months old and she is spoiled rotten. It's easy to give them what they want, because children are amazing. Try not to worry so much what others think. If it's one thing I've learned the last 17 months it's that everyone has a different opinion when it comes to raising children and you need to do what YOU think is right.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Giving a kid a treat is not spoiling him.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM

and I'd like to add there is nothing wrong with spoiling your child.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Quoting Just_Bethy:

All 4 of my children are spoiled rotten..I don't care...At least they know I love them and they love me for it...Nowt wrong with spoiling your kids! 

This.. except I dont have four.. just one. :)

SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:21 PM

true that yo! I just have one but same for me!

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Our family is little and broken, but still good.

angelidol1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I guess why it got to me so much is b/c i was just complaining about how i can't sit down without him wantin to get on my lap or everywhere i go he has to follow...i was just having a hard time b/c he was throwing a fit the day b4 b/c i left n i can't stand it when he gets upset...i'm a sahm n have him m-f all day long n i work pt sat and sun in the mornings so when i get home i'm tired, n b/c i couldn't leave until he was calmed, they said i spoil him too much....but to me...i'm a woman i can't stand hearin him cry...he's a mamma's boy, big time...i'm tryin to break him of it a lil b/c i need sometime to get a shower without him standing outside the bathroom screamin...he just doesn't like me to leave.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Spoiling, possibly. However, the bigger issue is that he thinks he is entiteled to something everytime you go somewhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)