Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this ok?? no bashing!! (new in green edited )

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM
  • 38 Replies

I meet this guy in face book, he is a really nice christian guy,  we been talking a lot lately, as friends, because this is the first thing i made clear to him I am not looking for anything but friends as it says in my facebook im married and he noes it, and  he lives like 3 hour away  so yea we are friends, we talk of music, about our days, about church, about his business, we made jokes, i really like him is been a while since i talk to some one out side of my relationship, but i dont know if this is ok, i love my hubby and i would never cheat  so is not about that, but i dont know if is ok to have this type of friends what do u think??

dont get me wrong, is not like i hide emials or anything, my hubby has all my passports to my facebook or email, he does not now about this friend in particular but he does now that i have friens in facebook male and fimale, and not i am not planing to meet up with him or anything as i said he lives 3 hours away and our friendship is only my chat or email.

so  did talk to my hubby as soon as he got home about this and he said that as long as is just friendly convertation, he doesnt see anything wrong with me talking to my friend, he trust me.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM

If its okay or not depends on your husbands feelings on it.

I assume he doesn't know, so that is not okay.

I would tell this to your husband.

I don't mind my husband talking to other people, male or female but I know quite a few women, especially on here that are insecure enough to think its cheating

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM

If your husband knows about it and thinks its ok, then its ok for the computer friendship only.  IF your husband says no, or he carries things too far on the computer, don't have him as a friend. 

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I think it's okay. It's just a friend on facebook. It's not like you are going out with this guy or anything.

BabyJae
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Ummm if you have to ask if your relationship with this man is ok, than I think you know what your doing is wrong especially if your husband doesn;t know about this friendship. How would you feel if your husband had a friend that you didnt know about?

Susanjdv861
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:10 PM

personally in my relationship and my marriage, that would def not be ok. but every relationship is different. if you really want to know, tell your husband about this guy and ask him how he feels about it. it just all depends on your husband.

justinejoy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Everyone is going to say different things, but I personally think it is disrespectful to your husband. Does your husband know of this guy and your friendship? how does he feel about it?  If are questioning and doubting your behavior as being kosher, it probably isn't.  Just my opinion.  I would never even look to an anonymous dude on the internet for friendship. 

glitterteaz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Does your hubby know? Does your hubby care? Are you planning to meet up with the guy?  Talking online is no prob as long as you have no prob sharing his emails notes or whatever with your hubby! If hubby isn't aware of this friendship then no it is not okay!

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Can I ask you a question? And please don't feel like I'm trying to "attack" you or anythng. I just want to better understand. How is having a friend online that is a guy any different from having a friend online that is a woman?

Quoting justinejoy:

Everyone is going to say different things, but I personally think it is disrespectful to your husband. Does your husband know of this guy and your friendship? how does he feel about it?  If are questioning and doubting your behavior as being kosher, it probably isn't.  Just my opinion.  I would never even look to an anonymous dude on the internet for friendship. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM

if your keeping it from the husband, then you should re-evaluate why you have him as a friend, how you really feel, and what your intentions are. regardless of the answers...just be honest.

glitterteaz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I would think the difference is where male chat can go more often than with a female. Most men tend to progress in a more than friendly hello!

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Can I ask you a question? And please don't feel like I'm trying to "attack" you or anythng. I just want to better understand. How is having a friend online that is a guy any different from having a friend online that is a woman?

Quoting justinejoy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)