• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old was your 1st when you had more?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:26 AM
  • 50 Replies

How old was your first child when you had more?

My daughter is 19 mos old and I would REALLY like to try having my second child but right now is deff not the time. It upsets me cause I want(ed) to have my babies close in age so they can grow up together. I grew up being an only child w/ no family around and let me tell you, it is pretty lonely (it stil upsets me to this day). I do have two older step daughters, they are very close in age (6 and 7) and I know they will be VERY close when they get older (they are very close right now). I just wish it could be the same for my daughter =/

Alright-e, enough w/ the pitty party... it won't change anything :)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:28 AM

3yrs apart and they fight like cats and dogs!!!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Our son will be 2 in May, and our second is due in June.

My sister and I were 4 years apart, and although we had our normal sibling type fights--we got along really well for the most part. As we grew older, we became really close. I'm 23 and she's 19, and we're like best friends now.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:32 AM

2 years and 8 months. 

CMcLaws
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Well, I got pregnant again right away after DD#1, but lost that baby. They would have been 9 months apart.

However, my oldest was a little over 4 when my second was born. They enjoy playing together, even 4 years apart.  

I also got pregnant again right away after DD#2, but lost that pregnancy as well. They would have been 11 months apart.

MemawBrie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:34 AM

My oldest 2 boys are 20 months apart.  Then, when they were 10 and 12,  I got pregnant with my 3rd.  I had my 4th 2 1/2 yrs later.  The younger ones aren't close with the older ones at all.  There was too much of an age gap.  But, the older 2 are very close.  Since my younger 2 are a boy and girl, they're close in a way, but they have totally different interests.

pageantgirl3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Mine are 11 months apart. My son was 2.5 months old when I conceived.

rame7704
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:57 AM
Mine are 14 months appart. It was stressful at first but now I LOVE it! They do everything together.
mstnbecki
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:11 AM

My oldest was turning 10 when my youngest was born. 

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:14 AM

My oldest was almost 2 when I had my second daughter.

jcsmummy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:22 AM

our daughter had just turned 2 when our first son was born, he passed the same day though. she was 3 1/2 when our second son was born and it seems to be a good gap. we are planning TTC our last child in december, so our youngest will be about 3 when the baby is born.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)